3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
So, I've made it a personal stance to stay away from D-force because I can't get it to work. But I'm asking for advice. Like I get the general concept: Clothes and hair that falls naturally with the model: Realism. But when I do it, there is a HUGE collision problem and Google doesn't have the answer ...

Here's what I do:
I load the model, apply the D-force Outfit, hit Simulate.

In tutorials on D-force, that's what they do, and it works fine, but when I do it, the clothes melt through the character as if the model wasn't even there. I left all the settings as default, but the D-force Item just passes through; this even happens with Primitives ... so idk, help?

Before Simulation:
D-force before.jpg
After Simulation:
D-force Fail.jpg

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
btw, that's some REALLY Clean Renders ,man. idk what you did, but these look so good. Any advice for cleaner renders?
View attachment 661400
Better light and render it out in higher resolution and scale down. I render everything in quad HD and then resize it to full HD that helps a lot.

Also you might wanna increase max samples and time in progressive rendering tab.

Reactions: ArturiousDesign

Feb 3, 2020
So, I've made it a personal stance to stay away from D-force because I can't get it to work. But I'm asking for advice. Like I get the general concept: Clothes and hair that falls naturally with the model: Realism. But when I do it, there is a HUGE collision problem and Google doesn't have the answer ...

Here's what I do:

In tutorials on D-force, that's what they do, and it works fine, but when I do it, the clothes melt through the character as if the model wasn't even there. I left all the settings as default, but the D-force Item just passes through; this even happens with Primitives ... so idk, help?

Before Simulation:
View attachment 661389
After Simulation:
View attachment 661390
I am noob to dForce as well but that looks the character is not set to collide with dynamic surface. Is it G8?

derede

Jan 10, 2018

Here's what I do:

Before Simulation:
View attachment 661389
After Simulation:
View attachment 661390
I am a newbie when it comes to dforce too but try this:
Choose the cloth > go to surface tab > choose the item again > scroll way down > you will see dforce parameters with beige colors > play around with "friction" and "collision offset" parameters until you get good results. I usually use higher "collision offset" setting such as 0.80 etc. for fixing my problem.

Also be sure that mesh smoothing applied to you clothes. And my personal suggestion add push modifier to problematic clothes then lover it around 0.10 or similar numbers. You can apply both of them: after choose your clothes > go to edit(top left corner) > object > geometry. You will see both options there. Then run simulation.

I hope it can help.

Feb 3, 2020
I only use Gen-8 Clothes, Models, and Poses.
This is .
Some G8 clothing just don't dForce well. Not all PA artists pay attention to set up the surfaces properly for their products. The official Daz3D forum have people discussing how to tinker to make dForce look right, even for extreme poses. I haven't gotten to that level yet and just don't bother with outfits that cannot even dForce right in the default pose and move on.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
I am a newbie when it comes to dforce too but try this:
Choose the cloth > go to surface tab > choose the item again > scroll way down > you will see dforce parameters with beige colors > play around with "friction" and "collision offset" parameters until you get good results. I usually use higher "collision offset" setting such as 0.80 etc. for fixing my problem.

Also be sure that mesh smoothing applied to you clothes. And my personal suggestion add push modifier to problematic clothes then lover it around 0.10 or similar numbers. You can apply both of them: after choose your clothes > go to edit(top left corner) > object > geometry. You will see both options there. Then run simulation.

I hope it can help.
the thing is ALL dForce Items are acting like my models are not there; the clothes just pass through the models and end up on the floor. Idk what I am doing wrong, but I can't make dForce work ...

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
It's cool I finally have the right steps to convert clothes from v4 to GF3. It's not too bad, it needs a little touch up.
I was one step short before, pfft...
Capture.PNG

That's better than converter, anyway.
so maybe I can apply that to the conversion converters to fix the deformations, um...

Last edited:
Reactions: Toranion

cwsmlk

Dec 20, 2017

Here's what I do:

Before Simulation:

After Simulation:
On the base model, go to the parameters tab, then the display subcategory and see if "visible in simulation" is on or off

If it is on, then check the surfaces tab and see if a similar setting is off. The setting usuall shows up if you have dforce enabled on the figure itself. You can usually find it near the bottom of the various surface setting or just use the filter and look for "simulation"

Reactions: ArturiousDesign
Jul 1, 2018
1st frame of a 30 frame animation which will be completed by tomorrow. Obviously it can't be as clean and detailed as my standard still images and there's zero post work (except for the logo, duh lol) but I think I've kept a decent amount of quality for an animation rendered as is, fuck it takes a long time to render 30 frames lol.
Camila BJ test 100 - Copy.jpg

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020

Here's what I do:

Before Simulation:
View attachment 661389
After Simulation:
View attachment 661390
First, play a bit with the simulation settings. As the other fellow members have mentioned. Then, make the simulation run on "timeline" and not current frame. This is usefull because you get to choose what frame your are gonna work with. Try first with 30 frames and you may increase it if you need more detailed-better results. (if you don't know how to do that there are a lot ot tutorials on YT)

D-force is working best if you are trying to pose your model. Let's say you found your pose and you want to the clothes to adjust to the pose. This is where timeline is perfect for you. DON'T let the model just pose and then run the simulation. Make her "move" to the pose as the simulation runs.. I hope i am making sense. Then the result will be more realistic. If you want just the original pose, try to move the model a bit (e.g. put it on the Y-axis like just 4-5 units higher and then run it. As soon as the model reaches the floor the clothes will drop and drape around it even better. again.. timeline simulation.. not current frame. Experiment with that...)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes