3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

You know me

Dec 24, 2019
Hi guys i am new to this stuff. I have downloaded the studio..gone through 2 quick tutorials. I need to know if the characters used by game developer like milfy city and others. They all are paid?

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Hi guys i am new to this stuff. I have downloaded the studio..gone through 2 quick tutorials. I need to know if the characters used by game developer like milfy city and others. They all are paid?
Daz Studio and the base models are free.

There are some free resources (Legal) and there are options for less-than-legal acquisition of Daz resources.

Almost everything you see in this thread uses a number of paid assets, for instance.

It is NOT a cheap hobby if you really want to get into it.

Most of us who post stuff in this thread have some level of addiction to the Daz hobby.
We are not the most objective to ask about Daz.

I am not liking her face. Should I make her younger? She is supposed to be around 30. View attachment 678052
4k 200% zoomed. I know the hairs are clipping but I can spot render it.
The first image, she seems okay for 30. From that Test render in the Spoilers, she does look older.

I think it's a combination of the cheekbones and the slim/sunk cheeks. (The Youth Face dial does reverse some of that, actually.)

Age is kind of nebulous, though. If she's hot, she's hot. I just make images that I think are hot, and if others think they're hot, then that's great... but the first critic is always me.

Jul 14, 2018
I am not liking her face. Should I make her younger? She is supposed to be around 30.
4k 200% zoomed. I know the hairs are clipping but I can spot render it.

Age is always strange for me. I have a hard enough time telling people's ages to begin with, and on top of that lots of things (skin care, sun damage, diet, chemical usage) will make drastic adjustments. A 25 year old who drinks, smokes, and spends a lot of time outside while just using soap and nothing else when bathing can look a decade older (or more!) than a 40 year old who's never had a sunburn, at worst has a beer a week and strict moisturizing routines.

As far as I can see, she's fine for 30.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I really like a lot of the renders and artwork posted here, but there's one thing that mildly infuriates me: when I was a boy and my father taught me some basic rules of photography and "composition" (back then there was nothing like DAZ available, because personal computers didn't even exist!), there was a very simple rule that said "don't cut off limbs".

Scrolling back just a few pages of this thread I can easily see a dozen or more pictures which would have been so much better if limbs (especially feet!) hadn't been cut off. I'm not a "foot" lover in particular, but there are so many cut-off feet that it really grinds my nerves.

There was a lot of discussion about lightning lately, and most of you managed to get great lightning in their pictures, now I would really love to see some improvements on some of your picture compositions!

And please don't get me wrong: I'm just a lurker who hasn't posted any renders here at all, I absolutely love what you're doing and posting, and I'm in no position to "request" anything from you, I just think some of your pictures could improve a lot if you'd follow some picture composition basics (don't cut off limbs, rule of odds, rule of thirds, leading lines etc.).

Thanks for listening/reading, and keep on creating and posting your work!

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
I really like a lot of the renders and artwork posted here, but there's one thing that mildly infuriates me: when I was a boy and my father taught me some basic rules of photography and "composition" (back then there was nothing like DAZ available, because personal computers didn't even exist!), there was a very simple rule that said "don't cut off limbs".

Scrolling back just a few pages of this thread I can easily see a dozen or more pictures which would have been so much better if limbs (especially feet!) hadn't been cut off. I'm not a "foot" lover in particular, but there are so many cut-off feet that it really grinds my nerves.
Yes, but for my part, I am doing those mainly as test shots for VN work, or simply test renders.

You don't need full body shots for VN characters who are on screen to provide dialog.

It's wasted screen space.
3/4 body shots are more ideal.

I can do full body composition any time, but I'm not trying to do art in this thread.

Reactions: theMickey_

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
This is another proof of concept image.

The background of it all is a Google Street View shot of the Pacific Coast Highway, significantly modified so that it only is the impression of a roadway. The left and right sides of the car are separate shots, as is the limited amount of windshield glare. (I remove the windshield when I render the figures because I don't want to remove their details. You have to decide what's important for what the purpose of the image is, and windshield fidelity is not one of those things.)

Is this a composition that I might use to put together a VN? (Or even to do it within Ren'py because it doesn't care what an image is when you throw it on the screen.) Absolutely, I might use this concept. You can drive dialogues and scenes in a car this way.
car test.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes