3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Satyrsfaction

Mar 8, 2020
I need some advice. I have a scene that takes place in a front yard and I have placed a "meadow"
... nice depth of field, nice green, but the grass has not a very dense vegetation and is a bit scrubby.
What is the best "meadow" for a short-trimmed dense garden lawn? Or do you know a good scene,
landscape with a beautiful, well-tended lawn ... it mustn't be too long.
In addition, the figure appears to be floating on the lawn - look at the knees in the 2nd image section.

here are a cut from the rendering
(Don't wanna show more of the scene, because it's still in the middle of progress.)
grass_cut-from-scene_2.png knees_on_the_grass_cut-from-scene.png

I am open to any advice or suggestion.

 Thank you in advance. :)

D

Deleted member 1427961

I need some advice. I have a scene that takes place in a front yard and I have placed a "meadow"
... nice depth of field, nice green, but the grass has not a very dense vegetation and is a bit scrubby.
What is the best "meadow" for a short-trimmed dense garden lawn? Or do you know a good scene,
landscape with a beautiful, well-tended lawn ... it mustn't be too long.
In addition, the figure appears to be floating on the lawn - look at the knees in the 2nd image section.

here are a cut from the rendering
(Don't wanna show more of the scene, because it's still in the middle of progress.)
View attachment 778136View attachment 778140

I am open to any advice or suggestion.

 Thank you in advance. :)
You can try some of these

I would also recommend changing the ground texture to a better grass texture that matches the color of the actual grass so it doesn't look as patchy.

Satyrsfaction

Mar 8, 2020
Here's our latest animation:

Enjoy!

View attachment 778141
Good looking scene and the lighting is nice. :)

Hmmm ... for me, the red-haired guy looks like a teenager in a suit (who's in the wrong place).
Oh ... the woman on the desk is seemingly color-blind -
purple scrunchie (or pigtail ribbon) , red dress and then pink shoes ??! :eek:
Please dye the shoes red or swap them for other red or black shoes.

The desk is a bit far too empty -
the typical utensils such as pen, fountain pen, writing pad, coffee cup or desk lamp are missing.

  ... and who dares to step on a chaise longue or récamière with shoes on? :oops:;) :D

But all in all, the scene exudes the right mood.

Satyrsfaction

Mar 8, 2020
You can try some of these

I would also recommend changing the ground texture to a better grass texture that matches the color of the actual grass so it doesn't look as patchy.
Many thanks!
I'll have a look and will try them next time.

... there is still so much missing for the scene that I want to build.
I have to research all the time again.
Finally, I had to build some items by myself in Blender
- and I hadn't worked with it in years (but turned out good with a nice result).

AnimArts

Aug 10, 2020
Good looking scene and the lighting is nice. :)

Hmmm ... for me, the red-haired guy looks like a teenager in a suit (who's in the wrong place).
Oh ... the woman on the desk is seemingly color-blind -
purple scrunchie (or pigtail ribbon) , red dress and then pink shoes ??! :eek:
Please dye the shoes red or swap them for other red or black shoes.

The desk is a bit far too empty -
the typical utensils such as pen, fountain pen, writing pad, coffee cup or desk lamp are missing.

  ... and who dares to step on a chaise longue or récamière with shoes on? :oops:;) :D

But all in all, the scene exudes the right mood.
Points well taken! :)
I agree, but there's just so much going on in a scene like this that it's hard to keep track of all the small details.
The main guy looks way too young, no doubt. And the guys left and right looked exactly the same at first - until I fixed that later.
It's insane how long it takes to render scenes like that, even on a fast rig. But it's fun and worth it!

Reactions: Satyrsfaction

Satyrsfaction

Mar 8, 2020
Points well taken! :)
I agree, but there's just so much going on in a scene like this that it's hard to keep track of all the small details.
The main guy looks way too young, no doubt. And the guys left and right looked exactly the same at first - until I fixed that later.
It's insane how long it takes to render scenes like that, even on a fast rig. But it's fun and worth it!
how about a little photoshop retouching? :D

792802_Secretary_Day_HD.jpg 792802_Secretary_Day_HD_ps_desk.jpg
  original  &  retouch

some sheets on the desk, a little picture frame (falling) and a desk lamp
... oh, she has now a red pigtail ribbon.
I tried to recolor her shoes, but it was a blurred mixed mess.
ok, this is "show your dazskillz" and not "show your retouche- / photoshop-skillz" :D

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
from that shot what do you see? not distances ... not spaces? beyond the distortion of the lens that makes everything different, you know ... if you don't use standart poses ... you should try every now and then
No. It's the blonde girl's knee. You need to bend it more so she's not going down the highway doing a split.

AnimArts

Aug 10, 2020
how about a little photoshop retouching? :D

View attachment 778449 View attachment 778450
  original  &  retouch

some sheets on the desk, a little picture frame (falling) and a desk lamp
... oh, she has now a red pigtail ribbon.
I tried to recolor her shoes, but it was a blurred mixed mess.
ok, this is "show your dazskillz" and not "show your retouche- / photoshop-skillz" :D
I like it!
I'll composite that in as a layer in Premiere.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes