3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Here's one more from my series of light-&-character studies.

The figure here is Acicia (dark version) adapted to a South Asian setting.

Enjoy. Comments welcome.

Regards. View attachment 781433
I would've liked a little more light on her face. Even the lighted side of her face is very dark when compared to other parts of the scene
Secondly it looks like she is missing a leg because the dress just hangs down in front (I'd expect a small indent of the knee or the dress being lifted a little because of her movement.
Hi, I need help on how to get these two renders look better

View attachment 781623

View attachment 781624
For the first picture her skin colour is very close to the background this means she falls away into the background. You could
dim the lighting of the background or change the textures so she'll stand out more.
with the second picture there is quite a lot of room left above her head so I'd at the very least zoom in a little so you don't have that much wasted space.
I'm assuming btw that these images are intended for games/wallpapers. if not go with a portrait framing instead of landscape.

faecrykt

Jan 13, 2017
@
GNVE

Thank you. I will work on these suggestions and see whether I will be able to do justice to them.

I generally work with the 16:9 format because that's what I was using when I planned to make a game. Force of habit, more than anything else, dictates this format. I will attempt a vertical format, but it is difficult to envisage how they will eventually look given the monitor dimensions.

I sincerely appreciate the input.

Regards.

ETA: Oops! Just realised that you were replying to someone else's request for suggestions in the 2nd instant.

Reactions: GNVE

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
@
GNVE

Thank you. I will work on these suggestions and see whether I will be able to do justice to them.

I generally work with the 16:9 format because that's what I was using when I planned to make a game. Force of habit, more than anything else, dictates this format. I will attempt a vertical format, but it is difficult to envisage how they will eventually look given the monitor dimensions.

I sincerely appreciate the input.

Regards.

ETA: Oops! Just realised that you were replying to someone else's request for suggestions in the 2nd instant.
It might still be worth see what a portrait frame does to the image but I liked the large amount background in this image. I guess it worked for me because the background is so dark and uncluttered. And as I said if you plan on using the image as a wallpaper or in a game than 16:9 is the way to go. If you make a standalone artistic render you can experiment with different frames and crops.

Reactions: faecrykt

faecrykt

Jan 13, 2017
It might still be worth see what a portrait frame does to the image but I liked the large amount background in this image. I guess it worked for me because the background is so dark and uncluttered. ...
Thanks... BTW, just figured out how to use a 'quote'.

I tried to get the other leg to show itself, but that is what is propping up the bottom half of the costume on the right side (of the image). Any further tweaking, and either the leg or the foot does an ugly poke-through! So, for now, it is not feasible to show the 2nd leg... I'll try a different dance pose later and see. Once again, thanks for making me realise that a creator's eyes cannot always see the flaw/lacuna that is obvious to others.

Regards.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Thanks... BTW, just figured out how to use a 'quote'.

I tried to get the other leg to show itself, but that is what is propping up the bottom half of the costume on the right side (of the image). Any further tweaking, and either the leg or the foot does an ugly poke-through! So, for now, it is not feasible to show the 2nd leg... I'll try a different dance pose later and see. Once again, thanks for making me realise that a creator's eyes cannot always see the flaw/lacuna that is obvious to others.

Regards.
Yeah it's impossible to catch everything. Though it can help to go back to an image you did a while ago and look at it with fresh eyes.
I know what you mean with the leg poking through. In this case I think and/or may be of help. Mesh grabber would allow you to add in the knee buldge and fit control could lift the skirt a little.

• Red Heart
Reactions: faecrykt
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes