3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Machinist

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2020
Not really an artpiece but more of a question:
Does anyone know how to quickly install Daz content?
Right now i am manually copy / pasting the files into the assigned folder, but it is just so tedious.
Is there a faster way of doing it? By, for example, dropping the zip-file in this program and it automatically sorts the files into the folder you assigned?

So far, the installing of content works just fine for me... but i just wish there was a faster way :)
I'm not sure if anyone answered this already, but there's two ways:
When you have third party content, most of the time you have to do this, copy and paste into the correct folders, but if the file has a DIM configuration there's a faster way.

When I say DIM conf. I mean a zip file with the name that starts with IMO and a bunch of numbers. All DAZ.com content comes like this and some third party also.

Just paste this file in C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads and open your install manager that comes with DAZ, select work offline and after loading the products should appear to be installed. The additional advantage is that the products should appear in your smart content tab, if you like to use it.

Hope it helps.

MG-Gaming

Nov 11, 2018
I'm not sure if anyone answered this already, but there's two ways:
When you have third party content, most of the time you have to do this, copy and paste into the correct folders, but if the file has a DIM configuration there's a faster way.

When I say DIM conf. I mean a zip file with the name that starts with IMO and a bunch of numbers. All DAZ.com content comes like this and some third party also.

Just paste this file in C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads and open your install manager that comes with DAZ, select work offline and after loading the products should appear to be installed. The additional advantage is that the products should appear in your smart content tab, if you like to use it.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Unfortunately i tried that one already and for some reason it doesn't work.
I followed the instructions to the letter, but they just won't show up in the manager, or in Daz.

It seems i'm stuck manually copy-pasting the files for now. :(

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes