3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Wet & Wild Production

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2019
I wasn't into The Last of Us artwork till after they ruined Ellie and The Last of Us 2.
Welll your comment reminds me of some renders I did in the past with my very own version of Ellie from the Last of us (part one).
I tried to build her as close as I could in daz studio to the original one from the first game.

Maybe that's the Ellie you are looking for?!

Ellie (TLOU) - Render 1
Ellie (TLOU) - Render 2

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018
It's really the issue with toon'ized characters (or in my case, heavily stylized), they are either one end of the spectrum or the other. And there never feels to be a sorts of "safe" midground, unless they all then start to look the same.

Here's a quick test portrait of her;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Scene of main character:

Worth noting that these characters will be aging as the game progresses, so there's always room to make alterations I guess. :unsure:
I don't know how old the girl is supposed to be, but given her chest I'm assuming that she's not 7 or 8, as her head size would imply if it was realistic. So she's a toon 16+, hopefully 18+.

The lack of the male character's image being in the same sort of situation makes comparing them difficult, though as is she appears to be a stylized toonish style and he does not.

This makes them look like they exist in different worlds.

Of course, it might be the angle too.

Be wary of , is what I'm getting at.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PandaLulz

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
It's really the issue with toon'ized characters (or in my case, heavily stylized), they are either one end of the spectrum or the other. And there never feels to be a sorts of "safe" midground, unless they all then start to look the same.

Scene of main character:

Worth noting that these characters will be aging as the game progresses, so there's always room to make alterations I guess. :unsure:
Now that I see more of them, I would definitely go for a more stylistic material setup. Hard to explain what I have in mind, but modern Disney/Pixar animations would be a good point of reference. Everything from "Brave" on forward.

Edit: And I totally agree the uncanny valley is the most ambiguous thing. And the reason why I started to diverge from "classic" DAZ and traverse to Blender. Right now I'm learning about digital sculpting and character design, just to get detached from premade models. As you say, there are issues with toon models for a photorealistic engine.

oliseo

May 11, 2020

Scene of main character:

I totally understand the toon thing. I got in a heap of trouble when I first started. Only when it was pointed out to me did I see it... I was like, erm, thanks guys, didn't need to see that, but now I do, I can't unsee it.

• Red Heart
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes