3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Been working on my shaders again and a mature woman. Having a weird artifact in the eye i can't figure out atm, but i hope i will be able to fix it somehow.
I'am still trying to manage to get a decent hair shader with octane, but i am never really satisfied with the result.
Dispite all the little issues, this time i'am quite fond of the look of the skin shader itself.
View attachment 958054

View attachment 958055
WOW really great work in Octane. How long did it take you to do the skin?

Reactions: Marvellous Lunatic

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
WOW really great work in Octane. How long did it take you to do the skin?
Been working with octane over 2 years now i think? Since i started using octane i continuously try to improve my shader. But without taking in account the hours of learning, trying to setup the individual skinshader for a character itself would still take a few hours now i guess. The most time i need while setting up a shader is to find the right ratio between gamma and brightness for each channel.

Reactions: DoctorPervic

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I turned perspective off which helped really blur the background, just realizing now it made the model look thicker than she really is though.
Of course, she turned out to be thicker. You introduced a very strong distortion to the image. If you want a more natural blurred background with a nice buttery Bokeh. Use DoF to your advantage and adjust the lens as well as the aperture. For example, don't use a 65mm focal length but a longer one (80mm and 90mm are common ones for portraits). Introduce material thickness to the lens and use a lower f-stop for the aperture.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
i tried a Portrait shot. with Josie from Being a DIK
When you like one light setups. Try the Butterfly and the Rembrandt lighting. (Former works nicely with women and latter is considered unisex but I prefer it for men) Also, keep in mind that pose and expression have an impact on any portrait, depending on the model. Like in real life, not every doll goes well with every lighting, pose and expression.

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
When you like one light setups. Try the Butterfly and the Rembrandt lighting. (Former works nicely with women and latter is considered unisex but I prefer it for men) Also, keep in mind that pose and expression have an impact on any portrait, depending on the model. Like in real life, not every doll goes well with every lighting, pose and expression.
Thanks for your advice , i will try it again :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes