3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

AiRaid

Jul 12, 2018
Looks like there is some haze in the back, maybe the camera or lights used have an atmosphere attached to it. Could be the textures used in the scene or just the lights in general, 4200 isn't all that much either. Mine are usually 15k minimum at 4k and they only really start looking more clear starting at 10k. Also the resolution will slow it down, 8k can take like an hour to get to like 500 iterations sometimes.
Yea, but this is 720p...
I'm also running into an issue with my computer not wanting to use my graphics card, so that's the highest resolution I can handle till I get that figured out.

Dec 27, 2019
Trying a POV Style, critiques welcome. View attachment 960938

I like her facial expression, it connects with the camera. The nipples being semi-hidden is a nice touch, not showing everything is sometimes better. :) For a stronger effect I would show the hands holding her wrists at the top of the image. Also, if you feel comfortable experimenting, try an alternative version where her hair and skin is wet.

Great job, keep at it!
Mo.

Asharatf

Dec 26, 2018
Yea, but this is 720p...
I'm also running into an issue with my computer not wanting to use my graphics card, so that's the highest resolution I can handle till I get that figured out.
Usually if it swaps to the CPU instead of the GPU your card doesn't have enough ram which means your textures are too much, could be geometry using too much ram also. Godrays or any volumetric lighting, atmosphere would do it too. You also do have it set to use the GPU instead of the CPU in the advanced tab under the render settings right?

Reactions: Zavijava_

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
I did some denoising with the render when it was done. The only way to get the noise out completely would soften the image waaay to much. Is there a denoiser built into daz that I don't know about?
Yes Under render settings
(I'd post a pic, but f95 is being jank rn)

AiRaid

Jul 12, 2018
Usually if it swaps to the CPU instead of the GPU your card doesn't have enough ram which means your textures are too much, could be geometry using too much ram also. Godrays or any volumetric lighting, atmosphere would do it too. You also do have it set to use the GPU instead of the CPU in the advanced tab under the render settings right?
Yea I do have gpu selected, but when I unselect overflow to cpu, it won't render at all. Just stays on preparing scene. Ive got a 7th gen I7, a gtx 1060 6gb vram, and 16 gigs of ddr4. Not the best specs, but should be ok...I think

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
The denoiser built into DAZ is a bit too zealous from what I've found, and DAZ settings are designed to apply the denoiser many times over multiple iterations, which can lead to an odd semi-painterly sort of look. If that's not what you're going for, I've found the Intel denoiser to be quite good.

As for DAZ not using your GPU: Scene Optimizer can also help minimize your scene's VRAM footprint. Also, make sure you have the right driver version for Iray - Daz 4.14 requires at least 451.48, but when I was on Daz 4.12 the newer drivers wouldn't work, and I had to use (I think) the 430.86 driver. Also, Nvidia Iray won't work on AMD cards at all.

Also, there are ways to set up your scene to reduce noise, so you get a better image faster. It's good to have LOTS of light, for one thing. For night scenes, you can overdo the lighting, then reduce it with an image editor. It also helps for light sources to be physically large; the realistic setup, where a lightbulb has a tiny super-bright filament mesh shining through a glass surface, is very bad for noise in my experience. An emissive, opaque bulb material is better, or (better yet) have lots of your light come from large invisible area lights (look at "Light Geometry" under the light's properties, and play around with the settings).

In one scene I had a ceiling fan model that with frosted-glass bulb covers, which turned out to be a horrible source of noise - the scene got much better after I made the bulbs (rather than the filament) an emissive opaque material, and covered the whole thing up with a 180-degree disc-shaped spotlight just underneath the model, to provide most of the light for the room.

faibolx

Oct 18, 2019
Fits well with this classic tune from the Los Angeles band, Fishbone: Slick Nick, You Devil You
Haha great¡ Yeah, since Santa isn't so popular in my country and my childhood memories aren't good with that character I made a joke about him :ROFLMAO:(y)

Reactions: crugh2112

cwsmlk

Dec 20, 2017
Also, there are ways to set up your scene to reduce noise, so you get a better image faster. It's good to have LOTS of light, for one thing. For night scenes, you can overdo the lighting, then reduce it with an image editor. It also helps for light sources to be physically large; the realistic setup, where a lightbulb has a tiny super-bright filament mesh shining through a glass surface, is very bad for noise in my experience. An emissive, opaque bulb material is better, or (better yet) have lots of your light come from large invisible area lights (look at "Light Geometry" under the light's properties, and play around with the settings).

In one scene I had a ceiling fan model that with frosted-glass bulb covers, which turned out to be a horrible source of noise - the scene got much better after I made the bulbs (rather than the filament) an emissive opaque material, and covered the whole thing up with a 180-degree disc-shaped spotlight just underneath the model, to provide most of the light for the room.
In situations where you need to have light passing through an object, or in this case a filament/bulb combo, you'll usually want to turn on caustic sampling in render settings. You'll get an increased render time of course, but the light simulation will be much more realistic and it should deal with the extreme noise. Can work for windows too depending on how the glass material is set up. You won't notice any changes though if your light isn't passing through any "caustics."
At least that's my understanding of it.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes