3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Thanks man.

I usually set it to 2 and render out the largest side to 2048px. Lately I've been doing 5 if I have the time to render it out. If it's at 2 it usually takes 3-4 hours for a HDRI only render.

I haven't messed with the spectral settings, what do they do?
Spectral trending let's you see things under the skin like veins and light passing through areas like noses and ears. In essence, sub surface scattering.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
u will see no difference between qualitiy 1 and 5 trust me i tested it with quality 1 and 82 and me and others saw no difference
I deff see crisper renders at 5. But the renders take really long and you don't need that level of resolution unless it's 4k.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Figured, so probably just the fact that a higher quality means that you get longer renders, ergo more iterations.

Though the idea behind the quality with a larger sample area for the sample would result in sharper renders. So I think it really just comes down to high settings and let it cook.
It's more about the image size, the latter the image the more detail is needed. Most models are 4k models and even have light hairs on their bodies. But you wouldn't see them unless they were at a higher restitution. Do two renders at 720 and at 4k. You'll see the difference.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Edit: #Potatosquad

Caroline VW sit-top_01_M.JPG
It's more about the image size, the latter the image the more detail is needed. Most models are 4k models and even have light hairs on their bodies. But you wouldn't see them unless they were at a higher restitution. Do two renders at 720 and at 4k. You'll see the difference.
I render at 10000x6667pixels. Set minimum samples to 100 and all the rest stays default. I also have post noise reduction on (left on default)
The extreme size I render at allows me to photoshop the worst offenders and then convert to smaller size to reduce the rest of the noise and grain. Full size my renders are 66k (I obviously can't post that size anywhere) it does get me a lot of leeway in post. I run a GTX 660 which is on the low end of the spectrum and one render at that size takes 16hrs on average. I start render before I go to bed and let it run during the day when I'm at work. It's usually done when I get home from my job to do the post work.

Last edited:

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
View attachment 1054089
I render at 10000x6667pixels. Set minimum samples to 100 and all the rest stays default. I also have post noise reduction on (left on default)
The extreme size I render at allows me to photoshop the worst offenders and then convert to smaller size to reduce the rest of the noise and grain. Full size my renders are 66k (I obviously can't post that size anywhere) it does get me a lot of leeway in post. I run a GTX 660 which is on the low end of the spectrum and one render at that size takes 16hrs on average. I start render before I go to bed and let it run during the day when I'm at work. It's usually done when I get home from my job to do the post work.
I think I just heard my graphics card cry at the thought of having to render that many pixels. :ROFLMAO:

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
View attachment 1054089
is this g3 or g8? kuz there is a big step in technology between them.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Shieldstronger I do like the results I'm able to get from my, to current standards, sub par computer. My PC is an 8 year old custom build, and it was not built with graphic work or gaming in mind. Back then I needed it for basic video and audio editing and for photoshop. Hardly the stress I put on it with Daz now. When rendering it runs at 105% capacity (not overclocked, I don't understand either) and even the screensaver freezes...

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Shieldstronger I do like the results I'm able to get from my, to current standards, sub par computer. My PC is an 8 year old custom build, and it was not built with graphic work or gaming in mind. Back then I needed it for basic video and audio editing and for photoshop. Hardly the stress I put on it with Daz now. When rendering it runs at 105% capacity (not overclocked, I don't understand either) and even the screensaver freezes...
I know everyone will hammer away on the gpu you should buy, but don't skimp on basic ram either. I'd probably suggest a 5000 series Ryzen, 64+ MB RAM, and at least an RTX 2060, but the 3060 might be a great buy from what I'm reading. A fast nvme ssd too.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
she looks so pissed lmao!

Reworked this model and I'm happy now with the character, now called Jassin. And of course I can't fap to completion without a height chart. :LOL:
View attachment 1054147
View attachment 1054148
View attachment 1054150
the height chart gets me all the way lmao jk

Mine is worse than yours I don't even have a GPU. But why do you even need an image that huge? Seems like a waste to me. I'm sure you can do g8s. just tweak your render settings and you'll be fine. If I can do it on my old ass potato pc, you can too.

This is fun.

First test:
View attachment 1054151

After tweaking:
View attachment 1054152

The model is from the Daz store. It reminds me of Tori Black.
Idk who Tori Black is, but this woman is gorgeous!

• Haha
Reactions: Cesny
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes