3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
i tested it wit the same count of iters on both quality settings and really no noticable difference there
Interesting, I should probably do an actual test at some point. I just feel like I've been getting sharper/ crisper looking renders when I've set it to 5, I don't think the setting of "5" actually does it but the longer rendering time and more iterations does.
Not entirely accurate. There IS a difference, but, it's mostlty noticeable in medium/low convergence percentages.
To be more specific, a render that ended at some point between 89 and 98% convergence, will look as good, regardless of quality values, though, perhaps, in the near-maxed quality values there may be a visible difference. However, if you render the same thing twice, one on the default, and another on quality set to 5, and kill both at around a real 50% (real as in an actual 50%, with the convergence rate setting set to 100%), then the quality value makes a huge difference. As far as I can tell, quality is there to help artists kill renders as soon as the render looks good enough to publish, without needing to wait for the whole process to complete, while the default actually requires the process to complete, and, even then, if you don't move the convergence rate slider to 100%, the end result won't look so good

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
Not entirely accurate. There IS a difference, but, it's mostlty noticeable in medium/low convergence percentages.
To be more specific, a render that ended at some point between 89 and 98% convergence, will look as good, regardless of quality values, though, perhaps, in the near-maxed quality values there may be a visible difference. However, if you render the same thing twice, one on the default, and another on quality set to 5, and kill both at around a real 50% (real as in an actual 50%, with the convergence rate setting set to 100%), then the quality value makes a huge difference. As far as I can tell, quality is there to help artists kill renders as soon as the render looks good enough to publish, without needing to wait for the whole process to complete, while the default actually requires the process to complete, and, even then, if you don't move the convergence rate slider to 100%, the end result won't look so good
uh i didn‘t know that

thank you i will test this today (y)

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
uh i didn‘t know that

thank you i will test this today (y)
I cooked up a fast comparison chart.
Both renders were done with the default skydome, and the exact same shaders, both killed at 53%
Here is the default render settings version
test1.jpg

And, here is with quality set at 5, and convergence rate set to 98%
test2.jpg

In the first, you can easily see the noise grain, and, in some portions, it overwhelms the surface behaviour, while, in the second, the noise grain is far more subtle, and far more faded

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes