3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
She looks older than what I was aiming for but I'm still happy with the results. (There's is a third render on my .) View attachment 1053005
HI,

like it, but I would try to optimize it a bit. The triangle tattoo on the hand is good, but the butterfly looks like a temporary tattoo. It's to dark for a real tattoo, got a small discolored border around it like a transparent film and could use a little transparency that you see the skin texture through it if you didn't want it look like a temp tat.

Seanthiar

Reactions: GNVE and Anton3DP

Anton3DP

May 24, 2017
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'll definitely try that. I just need to find where I can edit the tatoo.

HI,

like it, but I would try to optimize it a bit. The triangle tattoo on the hand is good, but the butterfly looks like a temporary tattoo. It's to dark for a real tattoo, got a small discolored border around it like a transparent film and could use a little transparency that you see the skin texture through it if you didn't want it look like a temp tat.

Seanthiar

Anton3DP

May 24, 2017
Another one from this character.

I changed the butterfly tattoo like Seanthiar proposed, I reduced it's opacity (maybe reduced it too much).

HI,

Seanthiar

And you also get to see a bit more of her attributes. :sneaky:

OF2.jpg

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
X3RO I made you some ladies from different Genres

Alien girl, Monster girl, Fantasy girl, Demi-human

View attachment 1052878
Okay, okay... I see what you're saying...

But I'm just more jealous that you can whip that up so quickly on your computer :cry: This latest one took 12 hours to render to 71%, thought I did set the quality to 5 since I knew it'd be going overnight so that's probably the massive slowdown.

0224 Sarah Test 12 Alt.jpg

Worth it.

Anyone have tips for using HDRI's in finite dome w/ ground and making it seem as if they aren't hovering just above the ground?

EDIT: Figured out the HDRI ground, kinda obvious... Set Ground Position to Manual and adjust Y parameter.

Last edited:

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019

But I'm just more jealous that you can whip that up so quickly on your computer :cry: This latest one took 12 hours to render to 71%, thought I did set the quality to 5 since I knew it'd be going overnight so that's probably the massive slowdown.

View attachment 1053321

Worth it
I leave mine on default, and only go to 2-3 for 4k pics. I don't even turn on spectral unless it's 4k. This looks great tho.

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
I leave mine on default, and only go to 2-3 for 4k pics. I don't even turn on spectral unless it's 4k. This looks great tho.
Thanks man.

I usually set it to 2 and render out the largest side to 2048px. Lately I've been doing 5 if I have the time to render it out. If it's at 2 it usually takes 3-4 hours for a HDRI only render.

I haven't messed with the spectral settings, what do they do?

Reactions: ArturiousDesign

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019

View attachment 1053321

Worth it.

Anyone have tips for using HDRI's in finite dome w/ ground and making it seem as if they aren't hovering just above the ground?
u will see no difference between qualitiy 1 and 5 trust me i tested it with quality 1 and 82 and me and others saw no difference

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ArturiousDesign

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
u will see no difference between qualitiy 1 and 5 trust me i tested it with quality 1 and 82 and me and others saw no difference
Interesting, I should probably do an actual test at some point. I just feel like I've been getting sharper/ crisper looking renders when I've set it to 5, I don't think the setting of "5" actually does it but the longer rendering time and more iterations does.

Reactions: OutOfAshes

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
Interesting, I should probably do an actual test at some point. I just feel like I've been getting sharper/ crisper looking renders when I've set it to 5, I don't think the setting of "5" actually does it but the longer rendering time and more iterations does.
i tested it wit the same count of iters on both quality settings and really no noticable difference there

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
i tested it wit the same count of iters on both quality settings and really no noticable difference there
Figured, so probably just the fact that a higher quality means that you get longer renders, ergo more iterations.

Though the idea behind the quality with a larger sample area for the sample would result in sharper renders. So I think it really just comes down to high settings and let it cook.

OGDX

Dec 5, 2017
what model did you use?
No clue man, this was ages ago, probably a mixture of a bunch of morphs, and I don't have the scene file anymore. I just remember that I was trying to make the face look like a bit like Barbara Palvin's.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes