3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
It's hard to believe that this model needs 11GB with the hair and clothes alone. Do you also have 11GB with the solos? Isn't it more plausible that it only needs 4.5GB and that's on each card at the same time for them to work? 2GB extra on the one card should be from the system. Don't get me wrong, if shared memory is a thing, it would be a game changer.
I don't think shared memory is a thing. I had a 1060 with 6GB and DAZ used only the 3GB that are marked as system memory in the driver info. 3GB are marked as shared memory and where not used. In my opinion better use a 10GB 1080ti than a 1070 with 16GB because DAZ only uses 8GB on the 1070. That's why I'm trying to find out if the 3060 12GB are 12GB system memory or 6GB System and 6 GB shared. If 12GB system it would be a better option for rendering than a 3070 because of the memory.
And 11GB with hair and clothes is a real possibility. I had a char that would not render in the GPU because of memory and changed only the ponytail hair to another ponytail hair and it worked in the GPU. You don't believe how much memory some hair is wasting.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes