3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Evic

May 25, 2018
how do you deal with these unnatural looking skin creases?
1. Less extreme angles (not always possible)
2. Creative camera angles (if I can't see it, it didn't happen!)
3. Creative lighting (shadows can hide all sorts of issues)
4. DoF (not just to blur out the broken bits, but also to have items out of focus between the character and the camera)
5. Morphs (not always available)
6. Bend Control (handy asset, should be here if you want the full discounted version, won't fix everything but works well)
7. Photoshop (because some things just can't be fixed and other way)

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
First of all, I'm not making a game and I'm not planning to do so in near future. Maybe the title "MC" is a bit misleading in my case, he's only the MC for some of my renderings, nothing more.
But yes, I really don't care if others find my characters unattractive. Because that's how life is, some do like this, others do like that, and I wont make characters that everyone likes. For me, they all have their own subjective beauty, so do women in real life. This beauty often is not visible on the first sight, and I want my characters to transport exactly this vibe. Cause for those that like to admire characters that are meeting common ideals of beauty, there are enough premade character assets out there. I wouldn't have to spend three to four hours to make a character just as normal, imperfect and human if I wanted to portray the popular ideal.
Nobody is judged by me for liking stylized, big boobed and small waisted sculptures more than my characters, but it's simply not that, what I want to do. And luckily, I don't have to rely on making the most popular game possible in order to make money. Unfortunately, others do not have this freedom or at least do not want it.
Sorry for the long text :D
Just know that i respect you guys that try something different more than the others (including me in the "others"), it's maybe my anxiety talking but when i finish my renders i'am always judging it before anyone else and i find alot of mistakes and start to doubt myself if i can really render anything decent (that's with the "beauty standard"), and that's why i respect you guys, you go against the beauty standart and don't care, and yes i find alot beauty in all your works.

Just to be clear i don't mean to disrespect anyone here saying that i respect who does something different more, because everyone is very talented in their own way, the one starting to the more experient, it's just that by my point of view and anxieties you guys are legends.

You keep doing what you like, because we love seeing it.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes