3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
One thing about DAZ's functionality I'll never understand (there are many) is why hiding a root node doesn't hide all its children - seems to be a particular problem with clothing (anything with buttons, zippers, ornamentation, etc.), yet deleting the object deletes all its children so obviously the relationship exists somewhere. I know you can add everything to a group, which will hide it all, but having things grouped then causes other issues (breaks scripts, etc.). Definitely just one of those annoying things you have to work around.
I think someone posted here or I saw on the DAZ forums and can't believe I didn't know it myself. If you hold Ctrl and left click on your character to hide them, it hides everything parented to them (clothes, piercings, etc.) so you don't have to create a group.

BanksyBoyz

Sep 29, 2020
I think someone posted here or I saw on the DAZ forums and can't believe I didn't know it myself. If you hold Ctrl and left click on your character to hide them, it hides everything parented to them (clothes, piercings, etc.) so you don't have to create a group.
Jesus, so many pointlessly frustrating moments spent dealing with tiny, unhidden objects. I just tried this and it does in fact work. Why this isn't the default functionality with cntrl as an option to only hide the root node is truly baffling to me, but I'll just have to chalk it up as another lesson painfully learned (DAZ is full of those - making us better people one render at a time).

Reactions: MovieMike

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Jesus, so many pointlessly frustrating moments spent dealing with tiny, unhidden objects. I just tried this and it does in fact work. Why this isn't the default functionality with cntrl as an option to only hide the root node is truly baffling to me, but I'll just have to chalk it up as another lesson painfully learned (DAZ is full of those - making us better people one render at a time).
You're telling me. I used to create a group and put everything in. I love alt chicks, so tons of piercings, accessories, etc. And I've been using DAZ for years and only found out about it by accident a week or so ago too.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes