3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

BanksyBoyz

Sep 29, 2020
Shieldstronger recognized it as a zipper. For some reason, the zipper is showing, even though it's parent clothing item is invisible. Thanks for pointing out the shoulder, though. I need to get better at looking over the image before rendering.

The image rendering now has a character's hand about 2cm away from her hip. I see it now, but do I want to stop >30 minutes work to fix that tiny detail? Nah, I'll fix it for the next image.
One thing about DAZ's functionality I'll never understand (there are many) is why hiding a root node doesn't hide all its children - seems to be a particular problem with clothing (anything with buttons, zippers, ornamentation, etc.), yet deleting the object deletes all its children so obviously the relationship exists somewhere. I know you can add everything to a group, which will hide it all, but having things grouped then causes other issues (breaks scripts, etc.). Definitely just one of those annoying things you have to work around.

Dabigoh

Mar 1, 2020
I found an asset in the "Lost and Found" and I was curious what it was. So, I found a figure that I hadn't used before and dropped it on her. Then it turned into an experiment of poses and lighting. This was the end result:

test.png

After I saved the scene, I started wonder what mom the landlady would look like in the same outfit and pose. A few minutes later and I had this:

test2.png

Loxiv

Mar 28, 2021
It may not be feasible without a GPU, but adding a bit of deformation with a dForce simulation to the pillow/mattress would give it an added sense of connection between the character and the props (the pillow in particular not deforming under her weight gives the impression she's kinda floating above it).
Actually the pillow has deformation in it, thanks to a built in collision and dforce modifier on the prop itself, probably can't appreciate it because of the camera angle(another one of those things where I have no previous knowledge)

Just above your post I posted my first try with dforce deforming on clothes, which I don't think it looks that bad for the first time I tried it

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I love you for it ;)

Reactions: BanksyBoyz
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes