3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
"Asking to get his ass kicked." :oops: I wanted a relaxed and open-minded reaction to that character! Damn...

Yes, I was going for a type of butterfly effect. Good catch. I'll think about that and try to rework them.

If you have more detailed advice I'd be happy to hear it. I'd especially like to know why you say they have "dead look of the eyes." Was hoping to give their eyes subtle life. :)
For a butterfly effect I'd raise the main light a bit. As it is now its too subtle. Closer to flat than butterfly.

As for the eyes, it's the fact they stare straight at the viewer with the irises right at the center of the eyeball. Can't remember the term right now, something to do with fishes. In general, try to avoid that, unless you're going for a passport or a prisoner photo. I find the easiest way is to tilt the head a bit. Helps the light drop shadows to define the forms and with the eyes pointed at the camera you avoid the eyes issue.

PS. It has nothing to do with the models or the textures themselves. Just a result of the composition. As far as textures/models go, they look pretty good. And for more realism you'd need to take it out of daz and use custom eye models.

Valdurial

Jan 21, 2021
Still pretty new to Daz rendering. This one was my attempt to learn and improve in a few different areas; mostly lighting, wet skin, wardrobe and dforce hair (composition is on the to-improve list). Constructive criticism is appreciated!
render8b.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes