3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
The stockings are floating in the air. Maybe don't get carried away with the expand-all type morphs and try increasing the number of collisions with the base figure?
I have that same asset as he used. There are no morphs, no expand all, nothing. It's how the mesh is and increasing collisions or smoothing iterations doesn't help either. I've just spent an hour testing it last night and canceled a render because of it.

Reactions: AlexStone

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
I have that same asset as he used. There are no morphs, no expand all, nothing. It's how the mesh is and increasing collisions or smoothing iterations doesn't help either. I've just spent an hour testing it last night and canceled a render because of it.
Just wondering, what kind of asset is this?

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Just wondering, what kind of asset is this?
Angel's Secrets 2 Lingerie for G8F.

Pretty good meshes and materials, but really bad fit options. Babydoll has a handful of options, panties too, but nothing for socks and no support (for either babydoll or panties) for genital support. Not even an 'expand down' option.

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020

Pretty good meshes and materials, but really bad fit options. Babydoll has a handful of options, panties too, but nothing for socks and no support (for either babydoll or panties) for genital support. Not even an 'expand down' option.
Same Problem with Angel's secret lingerie for G3F & G8F. The socks always look like they are 0.5cm above the skin. But that is with many of the socks/stockings. For example "Nylon Stocking for genesis 8 female" have the same problem, but not that extreme.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020

There are no fortresses that cannot be taken by siege, storm, or donkey laden with gold:

Test.png 88.png

Hidden properties save the fit. :)

Reactions: qwertzuioü

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
There are no fortresses that cannot be taken by siege, storm, or donkey laden with gold:

Hidden properties save the fit. :)
Still hovering but a lot better than before. Now I notice a problem with the UVs though. But thanks. Never thought I'd search through the hidden properties. Only ever done so in render settings, not assets.

Reactions: AlexStone

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
There's something weird about that and I can't wrap my head around it.

New skin (that I'm really happy with) and new butt (that I'm not. I liked the last version of her butt a lot more but overwrote the file)

I have a feeling it's the proportions that throw me off, but I'm not sure which is it. :(

View attachment 1358469

Critique/feedback, always appreciated of course. Also..Some nice nails/toenails combo, because currently, I have zero toenail materials in my library.

PS. Straight from Daz, I simply composited them side by side in photoshop.
PPS. Also..The ears are bad. I could use some better ear morph ideas.
Her hips are noticeably wider than her shoulders.

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Her hips are noticeably wider than her shoulders.
Actually, that's not the case. It looks like it from the pose and the camera angle (not straight on). Measure metrics shows a small difference (wider hips at their widest point for about a couple of cm) but this is wrong for two reasons.

1st. It's a guideline that hips width should be the same as the width of the shoulders. In reality that is not always the case.
2nd. lot of renders here turn that guideline on its head and they still look fairly realistic if exaggerated. But not 'off'.

Finally, as I said, metrics calculated the widest point of hips. The guideline you're talking about, is referring to the hipbones.

That said, thanks for the suggestion and will definitely take it into account and try again, but from a quick viewport render I still have the same problem. She looks off, specifically quite tall and thin, even though measure metrics has her at a height of 160cm.

Personally I still think it's the head, but apparently, following the same guidelines in traditional arts about proportions, photoshop tells me that in an A-Pose, her head is about 1/7.5 of her body, so...

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
Actually, that's not the case. It looks like it from the pose and the camera angle (not straight on). Measure metrics shows a small difference (wider hips at their widest point for about a couple of cm) but this is wrong for two reasons.

1st. It's a guideline that hips width should be the same as the width of the shoulders. In reality that is not always the case.
2nd. lot of renders here turn that guideline on its head and they still look fairly realistic if exaggerated. But not 'off'.

Finally, as I said, metrics calculated the widest point of hips. The guideline you're talking about, is referring to the hipbones.

That said, thanks for the suggestion and will definitely take it into account and try again, but from a quick viewport render I still have the same problem. She looks off, specifically quite tall and thin, even though measure metrics has her at a height of 160cm.

Personally I still think it's the head, but apparently, following the same guidelines in traditional arts about proportions, photoshop tells me that in an A-Pose, her head is about 1/7.5 of her body, so...
I‘m at a loss then. I love the shape of her butt.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes