3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
View attachment 1361227

View attachment 1361226

I don't understand daz. The render of Belle took 18 hours to finish and the one of Lady Dimitrescu only 5 minutes. I know I used 2 characters, lights and a room, but Lady D is genesis 8.1 and the others genesis 8. The resolution of lady D is almost 4x as big. I could understand if it only took like 10-30x longer, but 216x is just a little to much.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 1361236
wtf 18 hours ? i render with cpu and did three characters and a pool house in two hours with 1920x1920 :ROFLMAO:

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
View attachment 1361227

View attachment 1361226

I don't understand daz. The render of Belle took 18 hours to finish and the one of Lady Dimitrescu only 5 minutes. I know I used 2 characters, lights and a room, but Lady D is genesis 8.1 and the others genesis 8. The resolution of lady D is almost 4x as big. I could understand if it only took like 10-30x longer, but 216x is just a little to much.

View attachment 1361236
That's not surprising to me - interior scenes take MUCH longer, because there's way more lighting bouncing around, than scenes with just a character and an HDRI (where most of the light flies off into oblivion and can be ignored). There are ways to speed up interior scenes, like using physically larger lights and simpler materials (refractive materials are particularly bad. And there's a tradeoff between quality and render times: larger light sources tend to look dull). You can also cut off the render sooner than you otherwise would, and use a denoiser (Intel denoiser ftw) to get rid of the noise (though this also kills some of the fine detail).

Playing around with some skin shaders/materials. Which one looks the best (final one is just about the eyes)
View attachment 1361295 View attachment 1361296 View attachment 1361297 View attachment 1361299
Definitely 1 or 2 IMO. 2 looks the best, but the look might vary with lighting.

Feb 3, 2020
View attachment 1361227

View attachment 1361226

View attachment 1361236
Daz renderer calculates everything in a scene by default and not just what the camera sees. I am guessing the room has lots of reflecting/refracting surfaces and many light sources outside the camera range. There is probably mesh light as well to jack up the rendering time. HDRI uses none of that so Daz doesn't need to make those very time sonsuming calculations. I think there are techniques and products to restrict what Daz renderer sees but I am not up to skills to have used them.

SubD resolution does not impact render time that much. In fact if you have a real SubD4 sculpt, aka Daz HD without the need of a normal map the render will go much faster than SubD2 needing a normal map. You just need more VRAM.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
View attachment 1361227

View attachment 1361226

View attachment 1361236
The main rule for good DAZ work: remove everything from the scene that your camera can't 'see', either directly or in reflections. Some reflections can be neglected: after all, photographers in real life even use a special full-arc flash around the camera to get a reflection in the pupil on the model's portrait.

The main problem: many parts of the indoor scene, such as the ceiling, floor and walls are important for proper light shaping.

The solution: you have to render an empty scene with such objects, and then turn it into HDRI (here the explanation and tutorial: ). Or place an HDRI with a similar color background and light sources around the scene.

Valdurial

Jan 21, 2021
The stockings are floating in the air. Maybe don't get carried away with the expand-all type morphs and try increasing the number of collisions with the base figure?
Thanks for the advice, but I never could quite get them to stop floating, even with your recommended settings. I was able to find an alternative asset that ended up working properly, however. render24c.png
and today's new render:
render25.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes