3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Nightingale-r

Feb 6, 2019
My new piece of art.

View attachment 1359840

Scene backstory:
Hungry she fox looks for a chicken for dinner in wild forest! But, oh no, there is nothing to find. (And no any avian anthro characters at all Daz3D stores) Still, she is not sad, because she happends to find and catch a wild harpy! In result fox will have a decent meal and a bunch of jewelry from harpy's body. So, win-win. For a fox, at least.
Sorry for asking, but i wonder, can it be some improvements here? Lighting or else...
For instance, for all this years i not touched post processing, but heard a lot about it is a big deal for 3d art.

Jun 7, 2020
Daz renderer calculates everything in a scene by default and not just what the camera sees. I am guessing the room has lots of reflecting/refracting surfaces and many light sources outside the camera range. There is probably mesh light as well to jack up the rendering time. HDRI uses none of that so Daz doesn't need to make those very time sonsuming calculations. I think there are techniques and products to restrict what Daz renderer sees but I am not up to skills to have used them.

SubD resolution does not impact render time that much. In fact if you have a real SubD4 sculpt, aka Daz HD without the need of a normal map the render will go much faster than SubD2 needing a normal map. You just need more VRAM.
Thanks, I'll look into the possible daz product who can help with that.

Reactions: OutOfAshes
Jun 7, 2020
The main rule for good DAZ work: remove everything from the scene that your camera can't 'see', either directly or in reflections. Some reflections can be neglected: after all, photographers in real life even use a special full-arc flash around the camera to get a reflection in the pupil on the model's portrait.

The main problem: many parts of the indoor scene, such as the ceiling, floor and walls are important for proper light shaping.

The solution: you have to render an empty scene with such objects, and then turn it into HDRI (here the explanation and tutorial: ). Or place an HDRI with a similar color background and light sources around the scene.
Thanks a lot, I'll definitely try it out. Sad that it is quite hard to optimize compared with other software.

Reactions: OutOfAshes

BamID

May 17, 2020
A short "commercial break" in the current series with Theresia: Here is a teaser for the next model. Do you recognize her?
Two hints: This character isn't originally by me and it's not her usual style :D

View attachment 1361689
I can see a Jen in there :D
or rather.. i want to see it :p

my last render, done over a month ago...
haven't touched DAZ since then...

Yes i know.. the hand in the hair.. it triggered me back then and still does so... but i just don't have any desire to change it right now..

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes