3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
So..Still messing around with Photoshop. Normal monochrome render with some postwork. Added color to the eyes and the hair highlights, some subtle purple overlay and camera/lens distortion and imperfections. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a render and make it look like it came out of a camera. This time, it was all from Daz, didn't try for accuracy or extreme resolutions to be closer to an actual dslr image in dimensions.

siobhan.png

But I think I overdid it with blowing out the whites this time around. Maybe because I eyeballed it and didn't use proper lux values for the lights.

TheLustLord

Jan 7, 2019
So..Still messing around with Photoshop. Normal monochrome render with some postwork. Added color to the eyes and the hair highlights, some subtle purple overlay and camera/lens distortion and imperfections. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a render and make it look like it came out of a camera. This time, it was all from Daz, didn't try for accuracy or extreme resolutions to be closer to an actual dslr image in dimensions.

View attachment 1379242

But I think I overdid it with blowing out the whites this time around. Maybe because I eyeballed it and didn't use proper lux values for the lights.
White Walkers! :ROFLMAO:

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Ahsoka vs Darth Maul_update03.jpg
This is my new and improved version of one of my previous Arts.
I have re-skinned Ahsoka with my proper skintextures for her instead of that plastic looking orange.
I had to redesign the light setup too since that was originally adapted to that darker orange skintone.
I'm losing a little texture detail on the clothes but overall this update has a more realistic light and an exponentially better skincolour/texture.

Thanks Virtual Merc for the tip to improve the red lightsaber look.

For reference here's the original again.
Ahsoka vs Darth Maul 01c.jpg

Last edited:

Virtual Merc

May 7, 2017
View attachment 1379438
This is my new and improved version of one of my previous Arts.
I have re-skinned Ahsoka with my proper skintextures for her instead of that plastic looking orange.
I had to redesign the light setup too since that was originally adapted to that darker orange skintone.
I'm losing a little texture detail on the clothes but overall this update has a more realistic light and an exponentially better skincolour/texture.

For reference here's the original again.
View attachment 1379442
the trick to lightsabers is the center of the blade is always nearly white, try reducing the saturation on the red blade but keep the red glow, you're pretty much there with ahsoka's blades.
edit: much better now (y)

Last edited:

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
the trick to lightsabers is the center of the blade is always nearly white, try reducing the saturation on the red blade but keep the red glow, you're pretty much there with ahsoka's blades.
Ahsoka's blades are different from Maul's.
Ahsoka's sabers are made up of an almost white core with a Blue translucent emissive sleeve over it.
Mauls is made up of crossing flat planes with emissive properties.
But they don't have enough bloom of themselves in the render and I don't want to mess with bloom settings since that will bloom all the highlights in the entire frame and I don't want that.
The glow effect on the sabers, both blue and red, are fully made in Photoshop.
Maybe I should add another layer with the blade cores lighter?

Virtual Merc

May 7, 2017
Ahsoka's sabers are made up of an almost white core with a Blue translucent emissive sleeve over it.
But they don't have enough bloom of themselves in the render and I don't want to mess with bloom settings since that will bloom all the highlights in the entire frame and I don't want that.
If you can change just the core blade in photoshop it should fix it, depends on your PS skill, that would require too much precision for me I suck at PS. next time you render instead of making the emitter red try keeping it white but turning down the temperature to 1000K for red and 12000k for blue.

Last edited:

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Personally I'd make it a proper mesh for the blades with a strong emissive material on it. Never worked on a lightsaber but a couple of renders ago, I did that with the neon circle behind the character. You'll spend some time with trying to figure out the emissive strength, but I think it's more accurate than photoshoping it. You'll get both the white core as well as the falloff that way. The radius of the glow won't probably be enough for your purposes and you'll have to adjust that in post, because daz is weird with the lights, but the blades themselves would look much better.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes