3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
The DIM installer also imports the metadata for smart content (if the asset has metadata) to work properly. Another reason to use DIM rather than manually unzipping files. Note that Renderosity and Renderotica files mostly do not contain the Smart Content data, so it really doesn't matter how you install packages from those marketplaces.

Forgot to quote who I was responding to.
i guess that was me ;) But as i said: trouble starts when i open the installer Maybe i am too stupid to figure out how to tell this app where to search for the new content. (looked through the menues but i am obviously blind... )

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
is there any benefit using the installer compared to accessing the content via contentlibrary?
i guess that was me ;) But as i said: trouble starts when i open the installer Maybe i am too stupid to figure out how to tell this app where to search for the new content. (looked through the menues but i am obviously blind... )
Yeah it was you, DIM installs a directory structure that looks like this,
Install Manager
Packages
Thumbnails
ManifestFiles
I have never seen anything in Thumbnails and ManifestFiles is basically a log of everything you installed and when. If you pull a file from here or other sites, take the .rar file and open it with either WinRAR or 7Zip then drag and drop the internal .zip file into the Packages subdirectory. DIM only works with .zip files with an internal file structure that is similar to your DAZ library. Everything originating from the DAZ store is in this format. Almost everything originating from Renderosity is also in this format. Almost nothing originally from Renderotica is in this format and is better installed manually.

If you buy something from the DAZ store, it can automagically add the file to the Ready to Download tab in DIM and it is easy from there.

So basically DIM does not 'search' for files to install in your DAZ library, it only looks in the specific Packages location. If it isn't there DIM doesn't know about it.

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
Yeah it was you, DIM installs a directory structure that looks like this,
Install Manager
Packages
Thumbnails
ManifestFiles
I have never seen anything in Thumbnails and ManifestFiles is basically a log of everything you installed and when. If you pull a file from here or other sites, take the .rar file and open it with either WinRAR or 7Zip then drag and drop the internal .zip file into the Packages subdirectory. DIM only works with .zip files with an internal file structure that is similar to your DAZ library. Everything originating from the DAZ store is in this format. Almost everything originating from Renderosity is also in this format. Almost nothing originally from Renderotica is in this format and is better installed manually.

If you buy something from the DAZ store, it can automagically add the file to the Ready to Download tab in DIM and it is easy from there.

So basically DIM does not 'search' for files to install in your DAZ library, it only looks in the specific Packages location. If it isn't there DIM doesn't know about it.
i will save this post and try it later. Thx for the explanation

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes