3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Have you tried dformer with weighted maps?
I've messed around with dformers quite a bit, but not really weighted maps. Whilst Hexagon is a bit of a nightmare to use (unstable and not even remotely intuitive) it does give you direct immediate control over the mesh. I'll read a little on weighted maps to see whether it will be of use.

Edit: Took a little look at weighted maps and it lacks the power I need to achieve what I require. Really I need control over the mesh density so I can have intricate geometry in the 'splash' zone and lower mesh density for the remainder of the surface. You can see the difference in mesh in the screenshot from Hexagon as in the spoiler below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The 'box' you can see in the render above results from a difference in angle between the 2 faces due to less than desired smoothing. I may just fix this simply you applying the splash on a perfectly flat base surface.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I've messed around with dformers quite a bit, but not really weighted maps. Whilst Hexagon is a bit of a nightmare to use (unstable and not even remotely intuitive) it does give you direct immediate control over the mesh. I'll read a little on weighted maps to see whether it will be of use.
Hexagon goes sometimes a little bit bonkers, but the bridge between hex and daz is so useful. But for more complex modeling you could also give Blender a try. I find it's UI far more comfy.

Reactions: Xavster
S

SteelRazer

Edit: Took a little look at weighted maps and it lacks the power I need to achieve what I require. Really I need control over the mesh density so I can have intricate geometry in the 'splash' zone and lower mesh density for the remainder of the surface. You can see the difference in mesh in the screenshot from Hexagon as in the spoiler below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The 'box' you can see in the render above results from a difference in angle between the 2 faces due to less than desired smoothing. I may just fix this simply you applying the splash on a perfectly flat base surface.
I see, but for some minor deformations to add more detail fast it's useful, for things like your splash it would be very hard and still it would need primitive with a lot of polygons.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Next in the miniseries. Although some folks suggest these renders are about mother-son relationship, that's not what i have in mind. It's about a young man and a mature lady pleasing each-other and that's all. But hey, feel free to fantasise about anything you wish. :rolleyes::)

View attachment 178385
Even tho always having a mother-son relationship implied is awesome for me... just a regular mature-young theme is also GREAT!. Always-
Hope to see more renders of this story ;)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes