3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
So, in the process of remaking Celia after I lost my files, I decided to give the High Key lighting another try. While this time it actually IS high key, compared to my last one, I still don't like it. I'm much more interested in the shapes and contours that low key brings out compared to the flatness of high key. Still, I post it.

After that, I'm removing all the textures from the model, applying a grey clay mat and working on getting the details and the shapes right. I went back to 8.0, it's much faster to render than 8.1 and while I'll need to spend a ton of time to get the skin shaders to look as good as they did in 8.1, I think it might be a win overall as far as time spent when counting the render times. Problem is..I have no idea how to make something as good as the PBR shader with the uber shader. :(

Siobhan_HK_intel.png

EDIT: Also yes. Painterly effect because denoiser. While it's much faster than 8.1, I still didn't like the render enough to let it work past 250 iterations.

Last edited:

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
So. I gave up on trying to work with the Uber Shader. Back to 8.1. Character not finished yet, just have the basic shapes down, still need to work on the skin and the micro details. Which, brings me to my question. Is there a way to provide a map for SSS? Different zones for different SSS color values, instead of having a single value throughout the body?

She ended up a couple of years younger than my old version, which..was somewhat intentional. It's how the character is designed, but never tried to achieve that in Daz. As such, considering the rule about underage stuff, she will be staying with clothes on for now, unless people tell me it's not a problem.

And yes, I know. The selection on photoshop was done in a rush. Same with the render composition, just a simple hdri, no custom lights, no nothing. I'm with 2h of sleep for the past 3 days, I couldn't be arsed to make a proper selection. And the eyes look glassy and dead. Probably a result of the poor lighting.

Siobhan_wip_16_8.1.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes