3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
I would rethink about it that it has nothing todo with resolution it's a layerd light diffusion now think how DOF adds onto that as a diffusion itself mathematicly and how resolution impacts it's accuracy ;)
You got high goals and you also gonna find out that I-ray is gonna severely limit you in those soon enough ;)

Whether you layer a deep orange on a 480p or a 8k image, it still stays a deep orange layered behind the texture. The end result will be of lower resolution of course but the layering will work the same. If I give you a 65 megapixel portrait photo, the SSS won't look any better or worse than on the same 1 megapixel portrait photo. And Iray definitely does not model diffusion. It's an approximation of how the light WOULD diffuse depending on the material based on a SSS map. Even if the diffusion and SSS WAS modeled and calculated the way it physically works, the render resolution would still not matter. What would matter is the resolution of the object the rays penetrate (in this case human flesh). And by resolution, that would mean how many points inside the volume the simulation would take into account for scattering the rays.

The linked article has NOTHING about light diffusion in skin and even less so on SSS and how biased renderers handle it so I'm not sure how this article goes against what I'm saying. It's not even about light diffusion but about the word diffusion in general. From liquids to electrons to bloody economics, but nothing about light and skin, or other soft tissues.

And yes, Iray is not good enough, didn't I specifically mention that the final render will be on Blender? If not, here it is. It'll be on Blender with luxcore since it has the best ray modeling simulation and it is unbiased.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Whether you layer a deep orange on a 480p or a 8k image, it still stays a deep orange layered behind the texture. The end result will be of lower resolution of course but the layering will work the same. If I give you a 65 megapixel portrait photo, the SSS won't look any better or worse than on the same 1 megapixel portrait photo. And Iray definitely does not model diffusion. It's an approximation of how the light WOULD diffuse depending on the material based on a SSS map. Even if the diffusion and SSS WAS modeled and calculated the way it physically works, the render resolution would still not matter. What would matter is the resolution of the object the rays penetrate (in this case human flesh). And by resolution, that would mean how many points inside the volume the simulation would take into account for scattering the rays.

The linked article has NOTHING about light diffusion in skin and even less so on SSS and how biased renderers handle it so I'm not sure how this article goes against what I'm saying. It's not even about light diffusion but about the word diffusion in general. From liquids to electrons to bloody economics, but nothing about light and skin, or other soft tissues.

And yes, Iray is not good enough, didn't I specifically mention that the final render will be on Blender? If not, here it is. It'll be on Blender with luxcore since it has the best ray modeling simulation and it is unbiased.
Luxcore for Humans really, good luck, though they make fast progress so maybe it puts out now even good results it was often better then at least cycles when you setting it up right.
If i remember right compared to I-Ray they don't even had Spectral Rendering working

Last edited:

XenoFash

Sep 16, 2020
I've never been a writer, but I'm pushing myself to get some of this down while trying to keep it as concise as possible. Just an unedited infodump/outline right now.

Also playing around with character design again, in this case another Ekkin who was part of the clone heist and raised Quala (purple hair). Sagah Reese. Quula (3rd one, bottom pic) is one of the clones from the text, and would be a primary character should there be a comic/game/etc.
121121SagahReese.png 121121SagahReeseComp.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes