3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
This was a complete fluke and a test, as soon as I can verify the results with other assets I will create a post explaining how it was done.

What I wanted to do was experiment with PBRSkin shaders. They seem to work with all regular G8 and G8.1 characters. You can select SKIN in the shaders tab and apply PBRSkin. What you can't do is to apply the same shader to genitalia. If you select the genitalia texture and double-click the PBRSkin shader it just does nothing. You also cannot simply copy the textures from Torso (Body for G8.1) and paste it onto the genitalia surface.

Here is my version of Hannah from 16 Years Later! using PBRSkin. Other than enabling it I did nothing else to the model. The skin looks close to the original model, both have an extreme bump map that needs toning down, so ignore that part of the render. The model also has vellus hair installed and enabled. This first image is just a chest up portrait, rendered in 4K and resized for F95.
Hannah_with_PBRSkin_001_F95.png

This second image is the standard DAZ Anatomical Elements genitalia, using a Real Pussy morph and some pubic hair from Powerage. It is also a 4K render reduced in size for F95.
Hannah_with_PBRSkin_002_F95.png

I was able to get the entire body as well as the genitalia geograft to use the PBRSkin shader. I am going to test it with Golden Palace and NGV8 (my preferred geograft) before I say this method works.

A side note, if the dev of 16 Years Later! does not give Hannah some pubic hair I will be very disappointed. Just a touch is all she needs.

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
This was a complete fluke and a test, as soon as I can verify the results with other assets I will create a post explaining how it was done.

What I wanted to do was experiment with PBRSkin shaders. They seem to work with all regular G8 and G8.1 characters. You can select SKIN in the shaders tab and apply PBRSkin. What you can't do is to apply the same shader to genitalia. If you select the genitalia texture and double-click the PBRSkin shader it just does nothing. You also cannot simply copy the textures from Torso (Body for G8.1) and paste it onto the genitalia surface.

Here is my version of Hannah from 16 Years Later! using PBRSkin. Other than enabling it I did nothing else to the model. The skin looks close to the original model, both have an extreme bump map that needs toning down, so ignore that part of the render. The model also has vellus hair installed and enabled. This first image is just a chest up portrait, rendered in 4K and resized for F95.
View attachment 1583485

This second image is the standard DAZ Anatomical Elements genitalia, using a Real Pussy morph and some pubic hair from Powerage. It is also a 4K render reduced in size for F95.
View attachment 1583488

I was able to get the entire body as well as the genitalia geograft to use the PBRSkin shader. I am going to test it with Golden Palace and NGV8 (my preferred geograft) before I say this method works.

A side note, if the dev of 16 Years Later! does not give Hannah some pubic hair I will be very disappointed. Just a touch is all she needs.
Would be nice if you could include Dickator V2/3 & another Male Genitalia morph set, as well as NGV8 & Golden Palace, as a more 'scientific test'.....Looking forward to seeing your results.....

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Would be nice if you could include Dickator V2/3 & another Male Genitalia morph set, as well as NGV8 & Golden Palace, as a more 'scientific test'.....Looking forward to seeing your results.....
My plan is to do a test with NGV8, I am not a Golden Palace fan. Dicktator or XY will likely be last since I rarely do male renders.

Reactions: DitaVonTease
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes