3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Nothing special. I was simply bored, browsing for assets and saw that Natalie Portman one and wanted to try it.

As an asset, it's great. As for likeness..I think the jaw should be more square and the breasts..Well, unless Miss Portman had a surgery and put about 5 litres of silicon in each tit, I think something's wrong there.

BUT! It has by far the best sculpted butt I've seen in a premade asset! Not only it just looks amazing, but it works in like 90% of the poses I tried and that's saying a lot, since I've never seen an asset that works with most of those poses, except the very specific asset the creator made them with. No butt in this render sadly, but wanted something quick and easy.

About 3 minutes of shaping her a bit more to my liking (not to make her look like Natalie Portman) and 5 minutes of render.
Truly a great asset, and if I ever decide to make something more than random renders..it'll probably be one of the first five I'll buy.

View attachment 1582102

PS. Yes, I need better hair assets. I have..a grand total of three. This, the short hair I put on Siobhan and Rera.
PS2. Writing this post took just about the same time as shaping her and rendering. Says a lot about how much more needy 8.1f is. 5-10 minutes vs 5-7h. Ugh!

EDIT: Alright, since it's so fast to render it with my current settings, I felt praising her ass so much and not showing it was an unneeded tease. So here we go. The following two are straight out of Iray, no postwork on them at all.

View attachment 1582143

View attachment 1582146
Be bored more often, if this is what you come up with, a really nice set of pictures. It's nice to see a more natural, non-silicone life form, here. And yes, more hair styles is always a good thing....

Reactions: atheran

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Quick render times, also means quick turnarounds for posting here.

Not much to say for this scene/model that I didn't before, just..this is my first ever attempt at a leg shot. Any suggestion on what to do better next time?

View attachment 1582848
Firstly, it's a nice render.
If the main focus of the image needs to be the leg then that needs to be framed better.
Framing an image is a key thing, especially if it's a studio background with nothing else going on in it.
Look at learning about Framing, the Rule of Thirds, and the Golden Ratio.
These will help... but are guidelines, not hard and fast rules to always follow.
Quick little example, I took your image and did a quick reframe...

natalie(edit).png

Gives you an idea of what I am commenting about.

:)

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Firstly, it's a nice render.
If the main focus of the image needs to be the leg then that needs to be framed better.
Framing an image is a key thing, especially if it's a studio background with nothing else going on in it.
Look at learning about Framing, the Rule of Thirds, and the Golden Ratio.
These will help... but are guidelines, not hard and fast rules to always follow.
Quick little example, I took your image and did a quick reframe...

Gives you an idea of what I am commenting about.

:)

Yeeeah..I know all that. In truth, I wanted to add some text on the left side, which is why I left it open like that. But then I found out I am far too sleepy to come up with something interesting enough to write, so I just posted it. :)

But thanks for the comment regardless. If I was to reframe it, I'd probably move the figure to the left somewhat so it does follow the rule of thirds. I really dislike it when people cut off the subject's head, like in your example, I much rather have it out of focus and in shadows. Or well, I could also change the aspect ratio I suppose.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes