3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Beautiful! if you don't mind me asking, how did you make the girl laying down on the left to have such skin like a matte finish, unsure if that's the right word for it. Is it achieved with post work or within Daz itself?
Thank you, my friend. I am sorry I don't understand what do you want to mean. English is not my mother language. Those three photos are not post-edited.

Right one, main protagonist is my custom skin. The left one is medeea from renderosity website.

I usually adjust translucency weight to get the right tone I want.

If you mean the contrast, I bumped up the crush black to full under rendering setting. And I will send you the screen shot of the rest if you want to know.

Reactions: YourJoeDoe

NaillMcDracken

Apr 23, 2020
Thank you, my friend. I am sorry I don't understand what do you want to mean. English is not my mother language. Those three photos are not post-edited.

Right one, main protagonist is my custom skin. The left one is medeea from renderosity website.

If you mean the contrast, I bumped up the crush black to full under rendering setting. And I will send you the screen shot of the rest if you want to know.
Matte (refers to the coloration or tint that you have given in a part of the body to the rendering figure).

cormie45

Aug 3, 2017
This by no means my best render more a proof of concept, the poor laptop has crashed multiple times (3 characters is just waaaay too much for it to handle!) but it's good enough.

I wanted to create a new character using the parents as the main influence on her looks, just to see how it would turn out. So I spend a bit of time mixing together some assets to create Mom and Dad and then saved a shape morph for each.

Then I played about with morph loader, transfer utility and x-tools to create just a face morph for both parents and then mixed those in with a few other assets to create the daughter. This is the result!!

Family.png

I was about 4 hours into this project when I realised I'd made 2 more freckled redheads, I promise I can do other looks! :D

Anyways what do you guys think, is she a good likeness to her parents?

YourJoeDoe

Jan 1, 2022

Thank you for the reply and the explanation. I really like how their skin looks and it made me curious to ask how it's done. I will try with the translucency weight and the crush blacks in render settings as you suggested :) . It would be very kind of you if you can share the screenshot :)

Sorry for posting here, I'm unable to send any private messages yet.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Thank you for the reply and the explanation. I really like how their skin looks and it made me curious to ask how it's done. I will try with the translucency weight and the crush blacks in render settings as you suggested :) . It would be very kind of you if you can share the screenshot :)

Sorry for posting here, I'm unable to send any private messages yet.
Thanks, my friend. Here is the screenshot of the rendering settings I mostly used;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sometimes I use the Bloom filter, sometimes, I don't.

I generate custom skins mostly using skin builder 8 and face gen. Then I edit them in Photoshop to make them unique. Yoon Ni Ko bump maps and normal maps include micro normal skin textures, pores I've downloaded from pixabay and others. I add them using photoshop. For skin settings and details, you can find it here, my game's fan art thread.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes