3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

InsertFreakyName

Donor
Jul 22, 2019
View attachment 1597703

Now..How to get a more natural transition between the lips and the skin around them? In all lips colors I have in my library, the transition is jarring. Which is okay for painted lips, but not so much for something natural.
What helped me with this problem was to copy the face texture in the surfaces tab in DAZ and paste it to the lips. So there are exactly the same maps and settings and the transition is as smooth as it is created in the face maps. If the lips seem too dry you can make a cutout map for the lips based on the face map and set it on the dual lobe specular weight. Important: Do this for both lips and face to prevent hard transitions.

DonJoe

Jul 15, 2019
What helped me with this problem was to copy the face texture in the surfaces tab in DAZ and paste it to the lips. So there are exactly the same maps and settings and the transition is as smooth as it is created in the face maps. If the lips seem too dry you can make a cutout map for the lips based on the face map and set it on the dual lobe specular weight. Important: Do this for both lips and face to prevent hard transitions.
sometimes even the transition in the "original" face texture is a hard line, but soften/ blur that in a picture editor should always help :)

Reactions: InsertFreakyName
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes