3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Atton563

Co-Developer of Elite Garden
Game Developer
Feb 22, 2019
Its my second day on practicing on Daz3d, however when i try to place an actor down i am getting "missing files". What files are missing? i downloaded the whole actor lol. if someone can help it would be greatly appreciated. im not trying to be a pain in the arse
Some actors require you to have another actor for a base model for instance to use the male character Chance you have to have Owen and for Audrey you have to have Bridget

Reactions: Balkazzaar

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Its my second day on practicing on Daz3d, however when i try to place an actor down i am getting "missing files". What files are missing? i downloaded the whole actor lol. if someone can help it would be greatly appreciated. im not trying to be a pain in the arse
Strangely even using DAZ CENTRAL, DIM etc, doesn't mean it can't lose files, you should get a 'locate files' pop-up, to chase them down...Or try a Manuel download & install, just make sure you use the right locations for each section. You can find several download 'helps' on the DAZ Forums, or YouTube.....

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
Strangely even using DAZ CENTRAL, DIM etc, doesn't mean it can't lose files, you should get a 'locate files' pop-up, to chase them down...Or try a Manuel download & install, just make sure you use the right locations for each section. You can find several download 'helps' on the DAZ Forums, or YouTube.....
That can have various causes. The most likely is that he tries to use a figure that he has not the requirements for. Which is very common of a lot of figures named "XY for XY."
The second most likely issue is he is not using an "official" download source, many so-called "free" assets are outdated (lacking updates) or are somehow screwed.
The third option is the figure he wants to use is just broken, like many assets in the DAZ store. A search in the forums of DAZ could point him the way.
But I bet it is the requirement thing.

Reactions: PikZik

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
That can have various causes. The most likely is that he tries to use a figure that he has not the requirements for. Which is very common of a lot of figures named "XY for XY."
The second most likely issue is he is not using an "official" download source, many so-called "free" assets are outdated (lacking updates) or are somehow screwed.
The third option is the figure he wants to use is just broken, like many assets in the DAZ store. A search in the forums of DAZ could point him the way.
But I bet it is the requirement thing.
I've had that using DAZ CENTRAL, as far as I know you can only load 'official' assets with it. Which is why I mentioned it.

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
I would recommend against using DAZ Central, it is for total beginners and regularly screws your whole installation if it is not default to the last byte.

Reactions: Boogie
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes