3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Feb 3, 2020
more thorough testing of the same drivers, plus I think (but am not 100%) you don't get the GForce Experience app with the Studio drivers.

There will be zero difference in the renders between the two types of drivers, but the Studio Drivers could possibly be more stable. NVidia's drivers are very mature, and driver crashes are a rare experience, but a graphics shop won't risk a multi-hour render on the possibilty, hence the better tested and lagging Studio Drivers.

BTW, I also have a 3090 (water cooled) it is a beast, but I plan on upgrading to a 4090 when they are finally here.
Studio Driver is just an older release of Game Ready Driver. Nvidia release Game Ready Driver first and if there are no reports of major bugs then it will be rebranded as Studio Driver. If there are problems with Game Ready Driver, which happens from time to time, then Game Ready will get a hotfix release. Studio Driver release will wait its turn until a Game Ready release is deemed stable. AFAIK there are no additional QC work done by Nvidia specifically for Studio Driver. Even the installer is identical with GForce Experience and everything.

stabrepete

Dec 5, 2020
hot :love: Also damn, that's a hell of a difference. No wonder I have to lean on denoisers so hard on my 1070 #potatosquad
the 1080ti will get to the same level eventually just takes 3hours instead of 10-15 min. dont know how long a 1070 would take with significantly less ram than the generational flagship cards though.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes