3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

skyisup

Apr 7, 2017
What a top notch render! Fantastic! I would say this girl is 19-20 years old. Good luck with your game!
young, like 19 at the most. very pretty, so yeah. cannot wait to see what you plan for her
Good render, Age-wise I would say, too young. (Classic Jailbait)
Beautiful young lady, beautiful render, as for age 18/19/20, it's hard enough to tell in real life now so I'm purely guessing.
Thank you for this. That's about where I was aiming. My intention is to create a girl just about of age ready to enter college. I'll keep iterating on her a bit. Here are some concepts I've been playing with.

f95codynyr2.jpg

f95codynyr1.jpg

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Gamerscene01.png
Gamerscene02.png
Don't know why this fucking DS has to crash at 43% after more than 9 hours, but oh well. Here are lower quality renders of this scene.

1. Practising tonemapping, because the DAZ standard settings look way too flat and washed out. So this is an attempt to render with custom tonemapping that looks more like a modern digital camera with some kind of subtle colorgrade filter.

2. Trying to produce something looking more like a casual amateur photograph, unlike the typical DAZ3D style with the overkill of lighting and photoshopping.

In this case, a selfie scene with two average-looking young ladies praying to their god, the almighty smartphone. The asian girl seems all excited and probably tries to impress someone, while her friend is a bit shy but also curious. What could happen next?

BTW is there any tool to make the models look properly at the camera? Like, fixating exactly the origin of the camera view angle.

At first I tried to use the "Point At..." function, but this does extremely weird stuff to the eyes. It causes the eyes to roll left/right, and depending on the camera angle and distance the model often seems to look too high or sideways.

And trying to match the eyes manually with the Posing Controls is a huge PITA to get right (so they don't stare through the cam).

Nov 16, 2016
BTW is there any tool to make the models look properly at the camera? Like, fixating exactly the origin of the camera view angle.

At first I tried to use the "Point At..." function, but this does extremely weird stuff to the eyes. It causes the eyes to roll left/right, and depending on the camera angle and distance the model often seems to look too high or sideways.

And trying to match the eyes manually with the Posing Controls is a huge PITA to get right (so they don't stare through the cam).
One thing I like to do is add another camera, name it eye camera or something, and put it a little behind the camera taking the picture. Set point at eyes camera. Move it up a bit then look through the camera that I will render with and adjust that camera until it looks like the model(s) are looking at it.

Reactions: kaboomer69

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Thicc hotness!!

Thanks for the comment. I didn't find nice shoes for the scene ;)

I love her skin (it's "Nova HD" skin, and a home made character). I've done a light tan line.

View attachment 215254

Same scene exactly, but different camera and scene angle from this post behind. Hope you will enjoy it.
Such a BEAUTIFUL face!!!

Thank you for this. That's about where I was aiming. My intention is to create a girl just about of age ready to enter college. I'll keep iterating on her a bit. Here are some concepts I've been playing with.

View attachment 215441

View attachment 215439
What a cutie!!!
I like the 1st pic more. That hair looks amazing. Hotter clothes, and no socks! ;)

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
My MC's house is starting to come together. And I think I've finally got a handle of these ghost lights to properly light my characters. With the denoiser, I can crank images of this quality out in an average of 10 minutes. Maybe I can make a game after all :)
I like the look of these. How are you using your ghost lights? Ceiling panels, side panels, or just a light ball or something. Always look to learn more.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
I like the look of these. How are you using your ghost lights? Ceiling panels, side panels, or just a light ball or something. Always look to learn more.
I just point it down and slightly in front of the character at around a 45 degree angle, with a 5500-6000 temperature and varying luminance based on the environment.

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
I have reworked the pose... here is the result... Which version is the best ?

UPDATE 30/12 :
View attachment 213648
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Last time I work on that scene, but I was unsatisfied with it so I reworked it. I changed her hairstyle and put clothes on her that was more related to the theme (The Birth of Venus). I also changed the camera angle, her pose and her expression... I also changed the postwork workflow I used for the previous renders of that scene. I hope it is better...
boap 2.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes