3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
I was talking to a friend of mine about a game and complaining about the cost of a gpu and time to learn daz, he commented might be cheaper/easier/faster to contract out the art work. could this be true?I mean how much would artwork cost by the ep ?
only 1 out of ten get any sponsors and only 1 out of 100 get enough sponsors to do it full time and that usually takes a year...

is it cheaper easier safer to just buy a card or to contract out artwork?

Firstly, how many renders per episode, how many episodes are you thinking of to tell the story, what sort of 'standard' do you want the artwork (the more detail, figures etc the longer it takes to set-up, pose & render), how much do you think my time is worth, & is there enough to stop someone from getting bored with the same characters for say 10 or 11 months?
Add to that my time & expense learning Daz, plus some things may have to be bought, as once you get to a given point, rooms/homes often get lost when trying to load into Daz.....& if I had to make something from scratch in Blender, then that might be 3 or 4 days lost....Just a few things you need to think about....

Reactions: Techn0magier

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Top image, 1847500_tiles_1.png, took longer. My guess is that you used denoising on the bottom image? I've done that test myself. Denoising took me 5 mins, without it the same render took me 45mins and there was virtually no difference between the two (unless you zoomed in to examine the pixels, and even then it's difficult to tell the difference).
You're right about it. Top image is a normal render, as for the bottom one I used one extra hack... I set a Nominal Luminance value and that cut down the render time even more.

Reactions: Night Hacker

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
Firstly, how many renders per episode, how many episodes are you thinking of to tell the story, what sort of 'standard' do you want the artwork (the more detail, figures etc the longer it takes to set-up, pose & render), how much do you think my time is worth, & is there enough to stop someone from getting bored with the same characters for say 10 or 11 months?
Add to that my time & expense learning Daz, plus some things may have to be bought, as once you get to a given point, rooms/homes often get lost when trying to load into Daz.....& if I had to make something from scratch in Blender, then that might be 3 or 4 days lost....Just a few things you need to think about....

THIS is exactly why I thought it would cost way too much, but I figured I'd at least ask. I mean he had a point , and you should always at least look at other information. I just wanted to ensure it wasn't A VIABLE OPTION.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
THIS is exactly why I thought it would cost way too much, but I figured I'd at least ask. I mean he had a point , and you should always at least look at other information. I just wanted to ensure it wasn't A VIABLE OPTION.
First things first. It is a viable option.
But as so often there is no right or wrong solution to this problem. It all depends on the scale of a given project. Contracting smth out is more often than not easier, but even this depends on your skills in negotiation and finding a valid contractor.
It can be faster and more reliable. Contracting a professional studio will definitely get more consistent results than contracting an "Arts student" over at Deviantart.
And pricing is also a question that heavily depends on the scale and the expected revenue.

There is a reason why indie solo developers expect a net negative for a given project in its early few years. Being small scale indie means you are planning for a marathon, not a sprint. For every "Undertale" there are thousands of shattered dreams, hopes, expectations and abandoned or half-assed projects.

Reactions: Krosos

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
There is a reason why indie solo developers expect a net negative for a given project in its early few years. Being small scale indie means you are planning for a marathon, not a sprint. For every "Undertale" there are thousands of shattered dreams, hopes, expectations and abandoned or half-assed projects.
And the possibility that your Ego gets so depressed that you become a Scamer slowly without realizing it ;)
But it's still better than to be a full calculated Scamer from the beginning and it's important to understand the difference :)
And important the Patreons are their to support you not to guide you arround or fulfill their dreams or question any of your release decisions of course if you make yourself this consented agreement with them it's fine but else they are supporters they got attached to your vision, not the other way arround adapting to market needs you gonna lose yourself fast, nothing is worth that.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Techn0magier

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
Deergirl of the Northern Woodlands
Deergirl of the Northern Woodlands.jpg
"Don’t call me Bambi! Or I gut you from head to toe!“

Within the ancient woods of the Northern Woodlands, an order of theriomorphic rangers holds civilization and its evil at bay. With blade and magic, claws and antlers.

If you ever venture too deep into the vast forest and meet the mysterious Deergirl in one of the sacred glades, behave yourself or prepare to die.

---
Rendered in Iray with DAZ 4.14. Postwork in Photoshop.

astralmess

Jan 16, 2022
Reuploading the whole guys series, this time in full quality. I thought about developing a bisexual-themed VN, but doing this series has made me realize how much time it would take up from my other hobbies. (Sorry about close-ups not looking great. I had done a whole lot of optimization before that and didn't realize how it'd affect those shots.)

I hope this helps to make somebody happy lol.

three posing 0-3.png
three posing 0-2.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes