3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Quick questions,have any of you guys use filters for post work?
It really depends on the look you want and the way you want your render to be perceived. Something a bit more moody might be rendered a bit brighter than you want simply to make DAZ not work so hard, then you can use your favorite image editor to get it darker and more contrasty, maybe even adding vignette (DAZ doesn't do vignetting). Maybe you want something that looks like a painting or pastels or even crayons then you would post. I always post process even if it is just to add my signature to the bottom of the image. Image editors can even FIX issues you might have had in the render that weren't noticed until you are many minutes into a render. For example, have you ever had nipples poke through an outfit, you can fix it in post. These are just a few of many examples.

Lots of reason to use 'filters' and other tools on an image after DAZ is done.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Leeduva

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Leeduva
One more thing, a lot of old time film photographers live by the mantra 'get it right in camera' and that carries over to their DAZ journey. That is simply not the case anymore, first, DAZ is missing a lot of image related tool as it isn't about that for DAZ. You don't need to 'nail it' in DAZ as there are a lot of photo / image editors that can do things for you.

I used to be firmly in the camp of trying to get it perfect in DAZ, but that thinking led to images that take much longer to composite and render. I now use Luminar 4 and Lightroom to post process images, once in a while I will use Photoshop if I am looking for something different. I am not invested enough to learn Blender, it is a world all it's own.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Leeduva
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes