3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Oct 30, 2021
I ended up going with 5000 samples. I've attached screenshots. Not sure if you can tell on this internet forum, but in the originals I can see faint differences in the wall texture at 500 samples, 5000 samples, and 10000 samples, and I decided 5000 was a good balance. It's definitely not the same detail I get from rendering to 25000 samples, but even with my 3080ti those renders were taking over an hour due primarily to the darkness of the scene. At 5000 samples the renders are taking about 14 minutes, and since I've got over 200 renders just for this animation alone that was about as much time as I thought I could take for each render. Edit: That's at 1920x1080.

So basically your advice has saved me over 150 hours of rendering time just on this animation. :D

View attachment 1925164 View attachment 1925165 View attachment 1925167
I tend to find if a render is taking a long time, it is usually the Progrssive Rendering > Rendering Converged Ratio, which is basically how light affects other light. If you have reflective surfaces (like the gold) and other surfaces are also reflective, it can take forever. I really wish Daz had more simplified control over the quality settings.

Reactions: Impious Monk

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Reworking an older render, new framing and settings. This is based on a character I used to have in a text based mmorpg in the past. I will keep working on her, for now I am happy with the skin shader for the most part and the general shapes, but there's a lot left to do like custom tattoos etc.

This is the resized render, because the original was over 85mb at 4640 by 6960.

Alessia.png

Edit: Should have added some smoke in the background now that I'm looking at it, but can't be arsed to redo all the post work.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes