3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Speaking of brow control, I discovered recently that while Gen8 had a small morph allowing the eyebrows to be pinched together, Gen8.1 with all of its improved facial controls didn't have that morph. I've read about a complicated way of adding the morph back in, but not having it on the Gen8.1 in the first place is a real step backwards.
Actually there is a very easy way to bring all the G8 head morphs and expressions to G8.1 and it is a reversable process.
  1. In your DAZ library, navigate to data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female 8_1/Morphs/Daz 3D.
  2. Archive both the Base Pose Head and Expressions sub-directories (I used 7-Zip to save each into it's own .zip file).
  3. Delete the actual Base Pose Head and Expressions sub-directories.
The next time you load a scene with any Genesis 8.1 character all the Genesis 8 head morphs and expressions will now be available to you.

To reverse the process
  1. In your DAZ library, navigate to data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female 8_1/Morphs/Daz 3D.
  2. Extract the Base Pose Head.zip and Expressions.zip files you created earlier, to your current location, restoring those directories to their original location.
The next time you load a scene with any Genesis 8.1 character all the Genesis 8 head morphs and expressions will no longer be available to you.

But, in reality you don't even need to do that, you can use the default FACE CONTROLS that are included for Genesis 8.1. It is included in the Developer Kit located here: ...\People\Genesis 8 Female\Developer Kit\Genesis 8.1 Female Face Controls.duf. It was developed for DAZ Studio by the same PA that did FACE CONTROLS for Genesis 3 and 8.

Face Controls is not a one slider option but a benefit is that asymmetrical expressions (how humans really work) are much easier.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes