3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
I'm not sure if your card is effected, or if this has since been fixed but...
Thanks, this one is new to me, and it could explain some (if not all) things ...
Maybe it ist the new (for me) DAZ 4.20, maybe together with a new Win11 system...
I am almost certain, if I could recreate my former settings (W10 and DAZ 4.16) it wold work again (as it did then).
Thanks again for the link!

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Ah, I see what you mean now. I will generally chose which figure is more noticable and just pick them as the one to use with the modifier, sometimes adjusting the camera angle and pose of the other so you don't notice it, or don't notice it as much. I've done that in my scenes where two people are in bed, I'll use it for the one on the bottom normally and try and minimize with the other and it works out. Exporting etc... is a solution, but for me, it's more work than it's worth. I already spend way too much time wrestling with Daz as it is. ;)
So this is basically the answer to my question :cool:, thanks!

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
So this is basically the answer to my question :cool:, thanks!
Oh, a couple other things I learned which can help. If you put clothing on your character (why?! :cool:) and set something like a couch to collide with the character, it may not look quite right due to the clothing as it is colliding with the character, not their clothing. What you can do is create a GeoShell for the character, size it up a little to cover the clothes, make it invisible and set the couch to collide with it so you don't get clothes clipping.

Another solution I found, similar to what you mentioned, except in reverse, rather than exporting two characters and then fiddling with them to make them into one, you can simply set the object, like a couch to collide with one of the characters, then export the couch instead after it has the deformation. Then re-import the couch with deformation and set a smoothing modifier on it again for the second character and voila. It's simpler. I just tried it again with a cube and two spheres and it works fine and is easier than exporting two characters and fiddling with them.

cube_test.jpg

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Oh, a couple other things I learned which can help. If you put clothing on your character (why?! :cool:) and set something like a couch to collide with the character, it may not look quite right due to the clothing as it is colliding with the character, not their clothing. What you can do is create a GeoShell for the character, size it up a little to cover the clothes, make it invisible and set the couch to collide with it so you don't get clothes clipping.

Another solution I found, similar to what you mentioned, except in reverse, rather than exporting two characters and then fiddling with them to make them into one, you can simply set the object, like a couch to collide with one of the characters, then export the couch instead after it has the deformation. Then re-import the couch with deformation and set a smoothing modifier on it again for the second character and voila. It's simpler. I just tried it again with a cube and two spheres and it works fine and is easier than exporting two characters and fiddling with them.
Good Points! As for the Geoshell-Tip, I usually use the "Meshgrabber" to push intersecting geometry out of the way, especially for clothing. It is one of the most usefull toolsets you can (and should!) buy for DAZ.
The prop export/re-import tip is something to hold in the back of my mind, this seems a really nice one! Thanks!

Reactions: AbyssalEros
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes