3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
A relaxing full-head massage at the end of a hard :cool: working day.

Sorry for the hair, have to use a new rig, with newly installed DAZ4.20 and it is not very cooperative, because suddenly it thinks, the setup no longer has the ability to use dforce ... ERROR INITIALIZING OPENCL KERNELS.
Thanks DAZ! Changed from W10 to W11 and DAZ 4.16 to 4.20
Was using a Radeon RX 5700 before with an Intel i9-9900K before and also now.
Anyone to enlighten me?

face_massage_01.jpg

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021

Sorry for the hair, have to use a new rig, with newly installed DAZ4.20 and it is not very cooperative, because suddenly it thinks, the setup no longer has the ability to use dforce ... ERROR INITIALIZING OPENCL KERNELS.
Anyone to enlighten me?

View attachment 1925299

Firstly, check you have everything, such as OpenCL, & anything else that maybe missing....

Reactions: mastergobbo

Atton563

Co-Developer of Elite Garden
Game Developer
Feb 22, 2019

Anyone to enlighten me?

View attachment 1925299
This happens to me sometimes I either close everything down and reboot the PC if that doesn't work try saving just the female model as a subset and loading it by it's self then try simulating sometimes the problem fixes it self.

Also make sure you have drivers updated.

Reactions: ID3D

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
This happens to me sometimes I either close everything down and reboot the PC if that doesn't work try saving just the female model as a subset and loading it by it's self then try simulating sometimes the problem fixes it self.

Also make sure you have drivers updated.
Thanks for the reply @Atton563!
Drivers are up-to-date (both chipset and GPU), But I can't even load JUST a dForce prop and simulate it, no restart, not any other method changes this.
I am not willing to downgrade DAZ at this point, as I can simulate dForce on my main rig and just load it on the other. But It is annoying as heck.

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Firstly, check you have everything, such as OpenCL, & anything else that maybe missing....
Thanks for the reply @DitaVonTease
I tried looking for solutions with the help of Mr. Google, but nothing there was even remotly helpful. My GPU CAN do OpenCL 1.2, which was the most talked about point. Think I will have to wait for DAZ to update and be more willing to support the AMD GPU's.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Two lovebirds riding out ...
Tell me, what you think of going through the hassle of smoothing (indentations in this case) with "helper-objects" for each and every render that would need it in the real-world.
One is with smoothing on, one with it off. I know, it sure looks more "real" with this kind of effect on, but could/can you tolerate that for the sake of simpler composing? It doesn't impact the render-time once its done, but beforehand it can be a lot of work.
View attachment 1925110
I prefer smoothing on. It's a subtle difference that most won't notice when you use it, but it takes away from the quality when there is none and I see clipping. It's relatively minor, but all these little touches usually add up to a scene people will praise you for. And how much time does it take? Click the couch then EDIT->OBJECT->GEOMETRY->ADD SMOOTHING MODIFIER. You don't even have to adjust the values, just point it to whomever is sitting on the couch. Later on, you'll want to have proper lighting, which again, by itself probably won't be a huge deal, but when you add it all up, proper lighting, smoothing so the couch deforms, add in a camera depth of field etc... and you'll end up with a great scene. The little things add up. It just depends on what you want. Is it a quick render just for fun, or do you want something that will wow people who view it?

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I forgot to add focus to this one, but it took over an hour to render at 4k so it's remaining focus-less lol. Anyone have tips on conveying emotion through eyes? I tried here, but she looks more maniacal than anything else to me.
I have a couple more images from this set, let me know if anyone wants to see them.

View attachment 1925156
Well, when it comes to eyes, for a worried look, you want to raise the inner eyebrows, for a more frightened look, make her eyes larger. For evil intent, bring her inner eyebrows down, outer eyebrows higher, combine that perhaps with more eye showing (eyelids open more) and she'll have a maniacal look, close them slightly and you have a more sultry look. Partially closed eyes combined with high inner eyebrows = passion, ecstasy etc...

A good way to find natural expressions is go to a search engine, I like BING's image search. Then search for expressions there, like "female angry expression" and you'll be surprised at what you find. Use them as source material to pose your characters. I've done this for expressions as well as for full body poses, and I will save the source images for later reference.

Reactions: pontiffprick

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I ended up going with 5000 samples. I've attached screenshots. Not sure if you can tell on this internet forum, but in the originals I can see faint differences in the wall texture at 500 samples, 5000 samples, and 10000 samples, and I decided 5000 was a good balance. It's definitely not the same detail I get from rendering to 25000 samples, but even with my 3080ti those renders were taking over an hour due primarily to the darkness of the scene. At 5000 samples the renders are taking about 14 minutes, and since I've got over 200 renders just for this animation alone that was about as much time as I thought I could take for each render. Edit: That's at 1920x1080.

So basically your advice has saved me over 150 hours of rendering time just on this animation. :D

View attachment 1925164 View attachment 1925165 View attachment 1925167
Very nice! I would have been happy with the top one at 500 myself, but I see what you mean. Yeah, that's a huge time savings!

Reactions: Impious Monk

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
I prefer smoothing on. It's a subtle difference that most won't notice when you use it, but it takes away from the quality when there is none and I see clipping. It's relatively minor, but all these little touches usually add up to a scene people will praise you for. And how much time does it take? Click the couch then EDIT->OBJECT->GEOMETRY->ADD SMOOTHING MODIFIER. You don't even have to adjust the values, just point it to whomever is sitting on the couch. Later on, you'll want to have proper lighting, which again, by itself probably won't be a huge deal, but when you add it all up, proper lighting, smoothing so the couch deforms, add in a camera depth of field etc... and you'll end up with a great scene. The little things add up. It just depends on what you want. Is it a quick render just for fun, or do you want something that will wow people who view it?
thanks @Night Hacker
You are right, the little details make the difference. I know, to get the smoothing modifier to work ist not a big thing, but if you have two or more different objects to "impact", it is not just selecting which object to collide with. Thats where I was going at.
In this case, I have two figures, and both are impacting the couch, but you can only select one of them. So if you want them all to collide, you have to export both (or however many), preferably in base res (because of size) and use this OBJ as "helper-object".
Or you create a somewhat fitting primitive and use it for that (maybe with Blender for the more complex forms).
This is a very satisfactory way of dealing with that problem, but you have to do it for almost every pose on its own. That's what I was asking about.
But of course, you are right, it's the small details...

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks for the reply @Atton563!
Drivers are up-to-date (both chipset and GPU), But I can't even load JUST a dForce prop and simulate it, no restart, not any other method changes this.
I am not willing to downgrade DAZ at this point, as I can simulate dForce on my main rig and just load it on the other. But It is annoying as heck.
I'm not sure if your card is effected, or if this has since been fixed but...

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
thanks @Night Hacker
You are right, the little details make the difference. I know, to get the smoothing modifier to work ist not a big thing, but if you have two or more different objects to "impact", it is not just selecting which object to collide with. Thats where I was going at.
In this case, I have two figures, and both are impacting the couch, but you can only select one of them. So if you want them all to collide, you have to export both (or however many), preferably in base res (because of size) and use this OBJ as "helper-object".
Or you create a somewhat fitting primitive and use it for that (maybe with Blender for the more complex forms).
This is a very satisfactory way of dealing with that problem, but you have to do it for almost every pose on its own. That's what I was asking about.
But of course, you are right, it's the small details...
Ah, I see what you mean now. I will generally choose which figure is more noticeable and just pick them as the one to use with the modifier, sometimes adjusting the camera angle and pose of the other so you don't notice it, or don't notice it as much. I've done that in my scenes where two people are in bed, I'll use it for the one on the bottom normally and try and minimize with the other and it works out. Exporting etc... is a solution, but for me, it's more work than it's worth. I already spend way too much time wrestling with Daz as it is. ;)

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes