3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

firogenis80

Oct 11, 2019
Now available on my fanbox plan 3 ...KISS THE PRINCE , this was a patreon only story for about a month , and now you can find it on my fanbox too, so this month on my fanbox you get 3 full stories ( 2 of them have been already released ) and a total of 15 full stories that i have uploaded there so far... so check out

scene13.jpg

Sep 16, 2019
You done a great job. Love the girls, but also the environment, lighting, camera depth of field etc... nice work.

I need to work more on my lighting as that really can make or break a scene I think. Been using the camera's depth of field more and I try to give the characters a nice expression on their face as well as how they are touching and interacting with each other to bring across emotions. At least in some of my scenes. In one I simply had them holding hands with fingers intertwined which I felt really told the viewer how they felt about each other etc.
Hey buddy, sorry for the slow reply again, I haven't been on here for a bit due to rl commitments and I don't get email notifications. Thanks again for the poss feedback.

Yeah, lighting makes or breaks a render. I'd recommend to anyone interested to check out photographic lighting. I'm kinda lucky having a background as a photography enthusiast (from the time when film was a thing), even made a few quid from shooting model portfolios. Admittedly these "models" are a shit ton easier to work with and don't argue no matter what you make them do :rolleyes::sneaky:. Still not overly confident with the digital rendering/Daz side of things.

You're very right about expressions and the small details, they really do make all the difference with putting interest and feeling into a render. Practice makes perfect I guess., we just gotta keep cracking at it and, in time, it'll all come together.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Hey buddy, sorry for the slow reply again, I haven't been on here for a bit due to rl commitments and I don't get email notifications. Thanks again for the poss feedback.

Yeah, lighting makes or breaks a render. I'd recommend to anyone interested to check out photographic lighting. I'm kinda lucky having a background as a photography enthusiast (from the time when film was a thing), even made a few quid from shooting model portfolios. Admittedly these "models" are a shit ton easier to work with and don't argue no matter what you make them do :rolleyes::sneaky:. Still not overly confident with the digital rendering/Daz side of things.

You're very right about expressions and the small details, they really do make all the difference with putting interest and feeling into a render. Practice makes perfect I guess., we just gotta keep cracking at it and, in time, it'll all come together.
what environment did you use ?

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Two lovebirds riding out ...
Tell me, what you think of going through the hassle of smoothing (indentations in this case) with "helper-objects" for each and every render that would need it in the real-world.
One is with smoothing on, one with it off. I know, it sure looks more "real" with this kind of effect on, but could/can you tolerate that for the sake of simpler composing? It doesn't impact the render-time once its done, but beforehand it can be a lot of work.
riding_00_smoothing_on.jpg

pontiffprick

Jun 23, 2020
I forgot to add focus to this one, but it took over an hour to render at 4k so it's remaining focus-less lol. Anyone have tips on conveying emotion through eyes? I tried here, but she looks more maniacal than anything else to me.
I have a couple more images from this set, let me know if anyone wants to see them.

snf_Camera.jpg

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
Anytime. Let us know what you come up with. I'm curious as what what settings you'll end up with. I tend to run tons of tests on my settings to compare differences.
I ended up going with 5000 samples. I've attached screenshots. Not sure if you can tell on this internet forum, but in the originals I can see faint differences in the wall texture at 500 samples, 5000 samples, and 10000 samples, and I decided 5000 was a good balance. It's definitely not the same detail I get from rendering to 25000 samples, but even with my 3080ti those renders were taking over an hour due primarily to the darkness of the scene. At 5000 samples the renders are taking about 14 minutes, and since I've got over 200 renders just for this animation alone that was about as much time as I thought I could take for each render. Edit: That's at 1920x1080.

So basically your advice has saved me over 150 hours of rendering time just on this animation. :D

500 iterations.jpg 5000 iterations.jpg 10000 iterations.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes