3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
in an effort to reduce the pain and suffering induced by twisted panties for a forum member or two, I reframed my previous render ;)
p.s. I do like shapely legs, and there is less of that in this, and in the previous one I had framed it so the shoes were out, nothing I have in inventory quite worked for me for this one, and with this light the shadow didn't look quite right also
zzmm3.jpg

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I'm not trying to be argumentative here but the render resolution matters for the process and the fidelity of it, not simply for the final result.
My last part of my comment was NOT directed specifically at you, it was more of a general statement that if you render for F95 and do it at what F95 allows you to upload, then use a denoiser if you have excessive graininess. You should note that there was an exception I specifically called out, unless that is the look you are going for. Also I know why you are using bloom, but not everyone understands how to use it, just that it is selectable so I should select it, again not directed at you specifically. Just too lazy to put it in multiple comments when there should be no need for that. I think if YOU (specifically now), look back to any comment I directed at you (specifically), you should see that I also mentioned rendering at 6K or 8K, also I called them guidelines not rules. Except for "The Rule of Thirds" since that is in the actual name.

wd1111 Your image looks more aesthetically pleasing now, I think the real issue was that you cut to the legs off right at the ankles, and that tends to make people look like amputees. Fingers have the same issues, don't cut off people's fingers, ever! (Unless of course they have no fingers)

Ruria Raw

Game Developer
May 5, 2021
I'm really enjoying most of the art posted here -- keep it going. You guys have some amazing talent!

I do have one request though, because it's driving me crazy:
Please, please do not cut off the feet all the time!

No, I don't have a foot-fetish (although, I fancy some nice shoes/boots/heels), I just think it's a bad frame choice. There's something called a "medium shot" or "medium full shot", which basically covers "knees to head" (example #1 #2 #3 #4 #5), and then there's a "full shot" which covers the "full" body (toes to head, I don't think you need examples for those).

I'm seeing this in so many renders, and also in so many games, and I really don't know why this happens so often. When I was young, my father told me an important rule when taking photographs: do not cut of feet or heads. And I think still should still be valid as of today. But maybe it's just me...
Feet all for you ^_^ RuRu_0003.png

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
I think you misunderstood me. I was not offended. I'm very hard to offend in fact. My message was not defensive by any means, I simply tried to explain my thought process since I have it fresh, on why I disagree with what you said about rendering lowres. In my case it'd be a lot easier to avoid rendering overnight and while at work for one image but the results are very different simply based on the resolution of the raw render. With all the rest I agree with you completely, especially about the bloom (which I don't use. What my images have is more like a soft glow than a bloom.)

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
@wd1111 Your image looks more aesthetically pleasing now, I think the real issue was that you cut to the legs off right at the ankles
I agree 100%! I don't need any feet in the picture (anyways, thanks Ruria Raw for the effort! :)), and I think the second image you posted is way more pleasing! If you don't have any shoes that's fine, I don't mind. Just don't "tease" me with showing ankles and not show the feet.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Cut on the ankles is accepted ...
Wait, what? The image you just posted says quite the opposite: cutting just above/below the knee is "green" (which I was refering to as "medium shot" - from the knee to the head), cutting at the ankles or cutting off the toes if "red".

Reactions: Ruria Raw

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Wait, what? The image you just posted says quite the opposite: cutting just above/below the knee is "green" (which I was refering to as "medium shot" - from the knee to the head), cutting at the ankles or cutting off the toes if "red".
Since the chart lacks a bit of accuracy, what they are trying to show is that cutting off below the knee should be at the thirds, 1/3 down from knee to ankle or 2/3 down from knee to ankle, not just below the knee or heaven forbid right through the knee. Look at the example picture for clarification.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I'm really enjoying most of the art posted here -- keep it going. You guys have some amazing talent!

I do have one request though, because it's driving me crazy:
Please, please do not cut off the feet all the time!

No, I don't have a foot-fetish (although, I fancy some nice shoes/boots/heels), I just think it's a bad frame choice. There's something called a "medium shot" or "medium full shot", which basically covers "knees to head" (example #1 #2 #3 #4 #5), and then there's a "full shot" which covers the "full" body (toes to head, I don't think you need examples for those).

I'm seeing this in so many renders, and also in so many games, and I really don't know why this happens so often. When I was young, my father told me an important rule when taking photographs: do not cut of feet or heads. And I think still should still be valid as of today. But maybe it's just me...
Interesting advice, I'll keep this in mind the next time I create something.

Reactions: theMickey_
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes