3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Another update of old work. This was the first render I ever made that I was actually proud of. I remember the lighting was hell to get right and the camera settings were completely foreign to me. Come a long way since then...

View attachment 1941045
Very nicely done! Still learning about the camera and lighting myself. Do you know of any good tutorials on these topics?

Reactions: BigIrishLug

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Very nicely done! Still learning about the camera and lighting myself. Do you know of any good tutorials on these topics?
I suggest looking over some photography tutorials on YouTube. While Iray is a bitch and real world values don't apply to it, specifically for lights and fstop and how it affects DoF, if you look past the specific values they use there's a lot to learn from photography. From lighting setups to tricks to cameras and how they work, to even color theory and importantly, composition.

Past that, there are plugins people have made to have a more realistic approach on how real camera's work, IDG's photography series are awesome for that with a rework on the iray camera to be more realistic in values to even some awesome models and materials for diffusers, reflectors and grids.

Besides that, you could always ask here. There's a few people that can help either for theory or practices, or even more specifically about iray.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes