3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
It is possible, I did it all the time and never done CPU rendering and that was on a 1050. Just need to reduce geometry you use and texture sizes, like everything not visible.

I did the following image using my 1050, and it took me around 5mins if I recall with around 200 iterations and denoising. I was honestly amazed I could fit three character into this scene, but I managed to do it by hiding every body part on LIAM who was peeking in the door. If you can't see the body part, than it is totally hidden. Same with the rest of the bathroom, if it is not visible, than I hid it. So, definitely possible, just takes a little more work, but didn't take much rendering time and I think the quality is acceptable.

Even today, with my 12G 3060, my renders still only use around 400 iterations most of the time and take only a couple mins with denoising and they look fine.

View attachment 2076289

Oh yeah, also turn off your web browser and any other programs that use up video RAM on your computer to maximize how much is available. I could NOT fit these scenes on my GPU if my web browser was running.
Oh, and here's two other views of this scene just to show how much I cut out of the scene...

Three Characters on a 1050TI.jpg

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
Now for something a little different ;)

Trying my hand at making custom billboards of people - like the Now-crowd asset packs - since I figured it couldn't be too hard to do (and based on a short convo with jojozz about assets for a cosplay convention). Worst bit is that I finally figured out scripting in Daz and it's javascript (ew, dynamic typing) but I threw a couple assets together last night and they maybe came out okay?

a.png

The four in front are my own billboards, the ones in the background are from a Now-crowd asset for comparison. This is without any tweaks in the surfaces tab (e.g. brightness) except for switching out the textures. IMO I like the lighting on mine a bit better, since the Now-crowd ones have always been a bit dark and I usually have to crank up the diffuse color to 150%-200% to make them look good. Any thoughts?

jojozz

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021

Trying my hand at making custom billboards of people - like the Now-crowd asset packs - since I figured it couldn't be too hard to do (and based on a short convo with jojozz about assets for a cosplay convention). Worst bit is that I finally figured out scripting in Daz and it's javascript (ew, dynamic typing) but I threw a couple assets together last night and they maybe came out okay?

View attachment 2080734

The four in front are my own billboards, the ones in the background are from a Now-crowd asset for comparison. This is without any tweaks in the surfaces tab (e.g. brightness) except for switching out the textures. IMO I like the lighting on mine a bit better, since the Now-crowd ones have always been a bit dark and I usually have to crank up the diffuse color to 150%-200% to make them look good. Any thoughts?
This looks so good!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zavijava_

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

View attachment 2080734

Nice work. I learned how to do that with Daz and an image editor (Photoshop) a while back. Just haven't come up with a reason to use it.
I originally used the following tutorial on how to create them:

Nice work on the ones you did. I agree, you did a much better job with them.

Aspajer

Jan 3, 2022

View attachment 2080734

Yea, it looks frikin awesom!

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
Thanks for the quick answer. But if I may ask,doesn't blender use PBR and alot of G8-G8.1 also has PBR texture.
Sure you can just plug the textures in but it will not look even remotely like they do in daz or good. At the minimum you have to set up sub surface scattering.
PBR stands for physical based rendering. Iray is a PBR engine. The textures themselves are just some images. Daz naming this new shader as PBR is confusing because the old one was also PBR

Reactions: Leeduva
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes