3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

M7wXgJ7HfXi

Sep 9, 2019
Have you tried using the bone tool on the chain?
If you mean select every individual link, and adjust every single angle and rotation parameter, then yes I have. Now multiply by 25 or 50 chain links, and you should understand my desire to find an easier way instead of spending hours upon hours just for posing a chain for one single character pose.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Damn I hate posing chains in Daz Studio. Since the one slavegirl is chained to the floor I figured I'd better try to find a less tedious method of posing chains for each character pose change. 2 hours later a combination of using a Sickleyield rigged chain, active pose tool, and a lot of manual adjustment of many links and I came up with a decent test result but I think the chain will still have to be tediously re-posed every time. Argggg.

Smarter people than me must have a better way to do this?
not sure if you have seen this, might help as you should be able to run a simulation to get faster posing

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
If you mean select every individual link, and adjust every single angle and rotation parameter, then yes I have. Now multiply by 25 or 50 chain links, and you should understand my desire to find an easier way instead of spending hours upon hours just for posing a chain for one single character pose.
Try the ActivePose tool (ALT+SHIFT+P). Click the key links you don't want to move and press SPACE to pin them in place, then left click the end of the chain and hold and drag slowly to move it all around. It takes some practice, and you need to do it while looking from the correct angle as it will only move left right, up and down based on your angle. I absolutely LOVE this tool now that i am used to it. Posing has been so much easier for everything.

When posing a characters hand for example, I will pin their shoulders and chest with this tool so they don't move, then grab the hand and slowly (this is key, move to fast and you can mess up) move the hand into place, changing camera angles as I go. With some practice, you will get better at it fast.

M7wXgJ7HfXi

Sep 9, 2019
Try the ActivePose tool (ALT+SHIFT+P). Click the key links you don't want to move and press SPACE to pin them in place, then left click the end of the chain and hold and drag slowly to move it all around. It takes some practice, and you need to do it while looking from the correct angle as it will only move left right, up and down based on your angle. I absolutely LOVE this tool now that i am used to it. Posing has been so much easier for everything.

When posing a characters hand for example, I will pin their shoulders and chest with this tool so they don't move, then grab the hand and slowly (this is key, move to fast and you can mess up) move the hand into place, changing camera angles as I go. With some practice, you will get better at it fast.
I've tried using Active Pose, but was not aware you could pin part of the chain. Thanks for the tip; I'll give it a try.

Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes