3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

vez

Jul 26, 2017
My favourite way to pose is using the "ActivePose Tool" (ALT+SHIFT+P) circled in red in the image below. One you activate it, click on the chest and shoulder and tap SPACE for each one and you will see a red pushpin show up indicating that it shouldn't move (or resist movement). You then left click on something like the hand or arm (see image below), left click it and hold down the left mouse button while dragging the mouse (SLOWLY) to move the arm and it should move without the pinned parts moving. Which way it moves depends ENTIRELY on your view! So view from the side like below when you want to bend it forward and back, view from the front if you want to move side to side. OR use the ActivePose tool that appears...

It takes some practise, and you don't want to move TOO fast, but once you get used to using this took, it is REALLY nice! I use it in combination with the dials and I can now pose characters in any way fairly quickly. Note that the dials do NOT respect the pinned parts and they will still move if you turn a dial which effects them. The pinned parts are only effected when using ActivePose and dragging your mouse to move.
Nice! Right now I'm using both powerpose (especially for hands and feet) and the parameters tab, but this sounds interesting, I'll give it a go, thanks.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
Whoa! This is SO strange as I JUST had this EXACT idea the other day! I grabbed some under water assets etc... to do this with (but also grabbed some diving gear assets). Hint, the skin doesn't look wet under water, only when you get out of the water.

Nice work anyhow, now GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! ;)
WOW - Yessir ! I've personally seen this happen several times in this thread.
The preggos back to back last week as an example. F.U. fingers several times same day last year and others.
I'm only writing this because this morning I decided I'll try an Iray "remake" of a mermaid I posted some time ago in 3DL...
Sooo, I'll have to change my plans for next week LOL.

Bonsai and Happy Rendering !!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes