3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
PSA: Golden Palace has an errant script
The latest version of Golden Palace (last downloaded from Renderotica in March 2023) has a script with an improper setting. Normally, all of the included scripts for Meipe assets (breastacular, dictator, etc) auto-select the relevant object before executing the rest of their functions. Currently, GP has one script called "5. Adjust rigging to shape", that executes on whatever is selected instead of only GP.

Until it's fixed, always have Golden Palace graft selected when using the final step "5. Adjust rigging to shape". If you have the character model selected in the Scene tab when you activate the script then all of the model's bones will be reoriented. You won't notice it at first, as the change isn't immediately obvious until you try to pose the model. Premade poses will only look sort of correct, using Look At Me 2 now has the eyelids open too far or not enough, JCMs appear to be misaligned, etc.

I've been having random posing and expression issues over the past few months with my characters. It took me hours of looking through the Renderotica forums, deleting older files in my GP folders, and tinkering with combinations of scripts to figure out what was wrong. To check if you accidentally messed up a character's bones with this GP script, simply bend the Right or Left Thumb 3 bones. If it bends to the side instead of normally then select the character and Edit > Figure > Restore > Restore Figure Rigging.

This public service announcement is to warn others not to fall into the same trap and I hope this post saves some confused dev out there hours of frustration.

I'll update this post when the fix is published.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes