3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Cony3D

Feb 3, 2020
If i really want some highlight in the eyes sometimes i just manually paint with white in photoshop. It looks good enough and none is going to go pixel hunting when they look at a image. indoor lighting is a real fucking bitch. It annoys me how often these premade interiors have no lighting when this should have been settled in the early stages.
I took years to begin to understand the lights because few people explain how to do it, I share...

A simple thing in daz for the reflection in the eyes is to place a 0.2 m ball primitive in the camera and you glue white emission and a 6500k light to it, not too strong so as not to affect your scene and Let's go ;)
this is what I did in the image above Danaé, then you have to play on the size of the ball to have a bigger reflection, you can even put a plane or any object to change the shape of the reflection.

For the interior lighting, personally I use the famous cake and bob hdri which are in 2,4,8 and 16k, I zoom in perspective view on the entire building then I rotate the dome to let the light penetrate the windows I want, then play on the intensity environment, often it's not enough so I adjust by placing a plane primitive of 0.5 or 1m in the scene at the right place and I glue the emission to it like the ball for the reflection in the eyes but this time stronger ;)

I learned about lighting especially in 3dsmax, and to progress quickly you have to start by putting a primitive in a simple scene and creating, playing with the lighting and seeing what it looks like on the primitive, this way the renders are very fast ...
Go back to work the lights :D ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: vez and 0ier 3D
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes