3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
So you considering Kinetic Novels? (Kinetic Novels are those without branches ;) )
I would love to see one of those from you. But creating such a thing can be quite a hassle too, if you have only limited time at your disposal. I've recently started to train writing fiction in english language with ren'py, and sometimes I have the feeling that comics would be easier if not faster.
I have found doing comics have their own issues as well. Some things to keep in mind.
- It is necessary to create dead space in each image such that you have somewhere to place the speech / thought bubbles.
- You also need to ensure that leaders for these bubbles don't pass over any key image areas.
- For each frame you are highly limited in the text you can apply.
- Editing and positioning the speech / thought bubbles is fairly tedious.

I have had a little look at Renpy for the first time this evening and it looks to be relatively easy to use. Hence going to make the switch across from comic to VN. This will mean that the updates will be far less frequent, however each one will contain far more content. Will post some related teasers whilst creating the VN however.

Edit: Took me all of about 1 hour to get my head around Renpy and convert my first few images into a functional, though minimal VN. Decision made, going down the Renpy path.

A character that I'm working for my game.

View attachment 248208
Congratulations on your first post on F95, despite being a member for some time. Looks like a great character for your game, don't be a stranger in the meantime.(y)

- Mr.Blue -

Oct 16, 2017
Congratulations on your first post on F95, despite being a member for some time. Looks like a great character for your game, don't be a stranger in the meantime.(y)
Thanks :), I quit before becoming an active member and I came back now after I decided to make my own game.

Reactions: Xavster

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
I was feeling a little inspired. took me 2 days to set this up. 1st day was filled with my computer crashing and having to start over. so I had to take out nonessential assets. Was originally using MICK Bedroom for the scene but after 3-4 stall outs I ended up with this
Aria Era Theo 3some.jpg

jfredy78

Jul 22, 2017
suite a un crache de DAZ je ne peut plus faire de rendue si quelqu'un pouvait m'aider

following a DAZ spit I can do more rendering if someone could help me

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
You may have seen some of my earlier sci-fi comic posts earlier in this thread. Whilst converting to a comic is relatively easy, I am finding it detracts from the artwork. Hence I was considering moving across to a Renpy visual novel instead. I was wondering what the personnel preference of the people on the forum was on Visual Novel vs Comic.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PS: I don't have any plans to attempt to convert across to a branching game, due to the impact to story telling and the available time at my disposal.
Visual novel in Ren'py would be better. The thread would be a better place to discuss these kinds of questions and get feedback, as it is off topic for this thread. This is not a criticism, just a suggestion :).

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Okay this time I used both "dome and scene" light. Render time was really short but I am not happy with result :/

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Your character is lost in the scene as everything is very bright. You need to bring down the brightness of the background. Using 3-point lighting would also give the character realistic shadows and make her "pop" or be more visible against the background.

Reactions: 1stB

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
New model ;)

View attachment 248455

forgot to change "burn highlights" from default 0.20 or what it is to lower or 0
you can clearly see that the door handle is almost washed out.
its also easy to check if you burn or crush any details high or low in photoshop with the levels setting.
just a tip
Nice model dude. Is it me or there's a little clipping in her crotch?

Reactions: Techn0magier
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes