3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
As i said i'm still learning daz. But also trying to get more comfortable using different lighting angles
And was thinking why is this image coming out so oversaturated

View attachment 2576902

Always turn off your auto headlight
because this is how it should look like View attachment 2576904
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Night Hacker gave you a lot of information there, just as a side note (and I quoted Night Hacker because he may not have known this) The Exposure Compensation button he mentions is a post render process not actually built into the rendering engine. This is even though it might appear to be built-in to the iray engine. It is generally better practice to add more light to the scene pre-render than post-render. If that means you up the value of each light source and up the intensity of the HDRI if you are using one, then do that first, before hitting that exposure compensation button.

One other note, the DAZ exposure compensation algorithm is not as good as Blender, GIMP, or Photoshop. Jus keep that in mind if you decide to ever post-process your images.

Honestly, I do not know why the DAZ developers made the exposure compensation a post-render process, maybe it was easier to implement. But that is only a wild ass guess.

In your image above, I might have added a diffuse fill light from slightly to the left of the model (model's left, not your left) that would open up the face a bit and a better exposure overall.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Night Hacker gave you a lot of information there, just as a side note (and I quoted Night Hacker because he may not have known this) The Exposure Compensation button he mentions is a post render process not actually built into the rendering engine. This is even though it might appear to be built-in to the iray engine. It is generally better practice to add more light to the scene pre-render than post-render. If that means you up the value of each light source and up the intensity of the HDRI if you are using one, then do that first, before hitting that exposure compensation button.

One other note, the DAZ exposure compensation algorithm is not as good as Blender, GIMP, or Photoshop. Jus keep that in mind if you decide to ever post-process your images.

Honestly, I do not know why the DAZ developers made the exposure compensation a post-render process, maybe it was easier to implement. But that is only a wild ass guess.

In your image above, I might have added a diffuse fill light from slightly to the left of the model (model's left, not your left) that would open up the face a bit and a better exposure overall.
Thank you both for providing detailed information i still have some issues with lighting. Sometimes it doesn't do what i want but still learning and if i don't figure it out i can always ask.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

Good to know, thanks! It's not something I have honestly ever thought about (post versus prerender), but yeah, it is best to get your lights right in scene. For quick renders this is fine, but... good to know. I'll have to experiment some more now. :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes