3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
As i said i'm still learning daz. But also trying to get more comfortable using different lighting angles
And was thinking why is this image coming out so oversaturated

View attachment 2576902

Always turn off your auto headlight
because this is how it should look like View attachment 2576904
When you preview your scene with NVIDIA, there is a tiny icon which will automatically sample one or more pixels in your scene and automatically adjust the lighting (tone mapping) of your scene so it is brighter or darker. It doesn't always get it perfectly right, but worth a try. You click on the icon (see image below, circled in red/purple), then you can either just click one spot in your image with a quick left click, or you can draw a box around an area (click and hold left mouse and draw a box) and it will sample all the pixels in that box and adjust the lighting accordingly. You only see then when you select NVidia...

Screenshot 2023-04-27 145524.jpg

Of course, you can also adjust the tone mapping yourself manually. I will usually use the above icon, then I will manually tweak the tone mapping myself a little more using the slider below. To get it you just go to your render settings tab and there's a tone mapping settings there. I usually just adjust the Exposure Value slider a little and that is usually enough...

Screenshot 2023-04-27 145615.jpg

And even the camera's headlamp can be useful for quick renders. You can adjust the camera's lamp position and move it around so it is higher, more to the right or left and even brighter or dimmer. It's not ideal, but if it's just a quick render, it can be handy. The offsets below are the headlamp's position relative to the camera. The intensity is how bright it is, though I usually leave that alone and use tone mapping for my brightness etc...

Screenshot 2023-04-27 145649.jpg

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
When you preview your scene with NVIDIA, there is a tiny icon which will automatically sample one or more pixels in your scene and automatically adjust the lighting (tone mapping) of your scene so it is brighter or darker. It doesn't always get it perfectly right, but worth a try. You click on the icon (see image below, circled in red/purple), then you can either just click one spot in your image with a quick left click, or you can draw a box around an area (click and hold left mouse and draw a box) and it will sample all the pixels in that box and adjust the lighting accordingly. You only see then when you select NVidia...

View attachment 2577630

Of course, you can also adjust the tone mapping yourself manually. I will usually use the above icon, then I will manually tweak the tone mapping myself a little more using the slider below. To get it you just go to your render settings tab and there's a tone mapping settings there. I usually just adjust the Exposure Value slider a little and that is usually enough...

View attachment 2577636

And even the camera's headlamp can be useful for quick renders. You can adjust the camera's lamp position and move it around so it is higher, more to the right or left and even brighter or dimmer. It's not ideal, but if it's just a quick render, it can be handy. The offsets below are the headlamp's position relative to the camera. The intensity is how bright it is, though I usually leave that alone and use tone mapping for my brightness etc...

View attachment 2577644
Thank you so much for all the information

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes