3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Even if you check everything a thousand times even with spot renders. Sometime you still get poke trough and i hate it
View attachment 2704009
View attachment 2704010
I will usually add a smothing modifier to the clothing if one doesn't already exist, and then raise the smoothing to around 5 and the collision to around 5 and that will usually get rid of them. You can adjust both if that isn't enough. And most clothing has adjustments which allow you to expand them all over or in specific areas if the smoothing modifier doesn't work.

TO add one, just click EDIT->OBJECT->GEOMETRY->ADD SMOOTHING MODIFIER while the clothing selected.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
Even if you check everything a thousand times even with spot renders. Sometime you still get poke trough and i hate it
View attachment 2704009
View attachment 2704010
The mesh resolution setting of a model in Iray preview mode is generally lower than the render resolution setting, so that's probably why you're not seeing the pokethroughs in the preview.

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
I will usually add a smothing modifier to the clothing if one doesn't already exist, and then raise the smoothing to around 5 and the collision to around 5 and that will usually get rid of them. You can adjust both if that isn't enough. And most clothing has adjustments which allow you to expand them all over or in specific areas if the smoothing modifier doesn't work.

TO add one, just click EDIT->OBJECT->GEOMETRY->ADD SMOOTHING MODIFIER while the clothing selected.
this often doesn't work, and when it doesn't what does help is adding push modifier to the clothing item and set it to 0.05-0.1

I'm amazed not in a good way of Daz devs not having solved these things years ago, granted they don't seem too fond of the explicit genre Daz is used for, but the "expand" or "offset" sliders IMO should be there by default and optimized, not something that every single artist making clothing has to deal with on their own, it is just insane amount of work hours wasted by applying band aids to a broken bone

also the meshgrabber addon should have been a baseline tool by now with better integration

Reactions: Mock1ngb1rd

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018

Thank you for suggesting this but I know about smoothing/push modifiers and mesh grabber i think this is just an issue with daz i haven't updated in a while going to do that

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes