3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Oh ! My bushy pretty nerd is back ! Well done ! (y)
Yeah, I have many renders of her. I am SLOWLY adding to a visual novel of her. This was just a bonus scene I dreamt up. There's actually no denoising in this, I decided to do a full render and it took a couple hours so... not doing that again! ;) I just got done redoing a PILE of older renders of her and FINALLY got them all done and started working on newer renders and a story. Not sure if it will see the light of day at all, but it's been fun to work on. ;)

Here's another one I did around the same time, just for you. :)

bills_place greeting_bonus2.jpg

Corbous1

Sep 12, 2017
Thank you very much,

Here are my gpu's
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think that 8 GB of memory is reasonable, but you'll probably have to optimize your textures to be able to render large scenes.
I did a memory test with a basic G8f and a basic G9 (without textures and with textures) and what I noticed is that the G9 takes more memory (even without textures) than a G8f.

Here is the test :

And to give you an idea, here's the memory my latest render takes.
The advantage of having lots of memory allows me not to worry about optimizations in most of my renderings.

Thank you very much,

Yes, I use Photoshop mainly to correct imperfections that I wouldn't have seen when rendering. I do spot renders to correct them.
And I use Darktable (a free lightroom-like) to retouch my renderings.

Great stuff, I like my renders but I see others and wonder how I can improve my renders. The level of detail in some of the renders here is incredible.

Corbous1

Sep 12, 2017
It still looks great! The grainy look is minimal, but it still looks pretty amazing. Maybe next time use denoising so it doesn't take as long and you can eliminate any grain. This render, with denoising would have been perfect.

If I can add my little bit of knowledge here... I noticed a black line along her forehead. Generally, that can be fixed by increasing the forehead depth in the hair's shaping settings.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
If I can add my little bit of knowledge here... I noticed a black line on her forehead. Generally, that can be fixed by increasing the forehead depth in the hair's shaping settings.
Usually, any black lines are caused by the hair (the hair cap specifically). You usually just need to shrink the hair size by a tiny amount.

Reactions: Shivawn

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
See I didn't know that! I usually just increase the depth to 10-15 to fix the issue. I'll try your way next time.
Yeah, on certain characters it can "poke through" ever so slightly. I used to wonder about those as well, once you know what the problem is, it is so simple to fix.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes